+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I blew it, didn't I?

Update: Called her and left her a classy voicemail yesterday, she texted me back today (she refuses to talk on the phone, LOL.) Said my making her dinner sounded "amazing!" so she's coming over today at 7:00.
    Shorter notice then I would have liked and I spent the rest of the evening dashing around town to get what ingredients I could, need to head back out in the morning for more PLUS my dining table is being delivered sometime tomorrow morning.

I'll have about 6 hours to prep. 5.5 courses for two people (already made the cheesecake tonight.)

I have a very nice cherry wood bistro (2-seater) table tomorrow. Going to put it right infront of my big bay windows looking out over the city and water. Have nice linens, napkins, wineglasses, candles, vase (need to get flowers tomorrow, too.) Going to make up some menus tonight and print them off tomorrow, figured her having a menu to look at while she sits at my kitchen island with a glass of wine and watches me cook would be a nice touch.

Really going to be a tough day tomorrow and I'm already behind on sleep so it's going to be looooong. But I should be able to get everything set before she gets here and it should be amazing. It also should make it pretty clear I have romantic interest (candles, flowers, wine, a view, 6-course menu, and I'm going to lay on the compliments pretty thick.) I also bought a nice cotton, long-sleeved shirt that's blue like my eyes; it's pretty flattering on me, so hopefully she finds it attractive! If she has any interest in me, this should drop her panties clear off.

I don't want to start a new thread to spam with my crap so here goes. 3rd date... was.... absolutely.. ****ing... AMAZING. Wow. Just.. wow.. I'm so happy right now I just.. wow.

She absolutely LOVED everything I did. She brought a bottle of port and over 5 hours we talked and drank and ate through the 6 courses; she loved everything and I have to say I was spot on with my cooking, some of my best work.

We talked the entire time. Joked and smiled and laughed and had deep conversations and meaningful things. It was incredible.

At the end she obviously wanted me to kiss her and I did. It wasn't a terribly long kiss, 30 seconds maybe, but it was very nice and I can tell she wants to go slowly and frankly so do I. I walked her to the door and she walked out, stopped, turned and hopped back to kiss me again, blushed, and ran off to her car. I swooned.

I'm so crazy about this girl. I'm going to post it on here because I certainly can't tell anyone that knows me this but I care for her more than I've ever cared about someone outside of my family. I know it's only been 3 dates but we just click. Like deeply, strongly click. It's so easy talking to her and being around her and I'm SO GLAD we kissed because that makes me 100x more comfortable knowing I'm not in the friend zone.

I'm probably ****ed since I'm excited about this but.. she's so incredible. I want to know every thought she has because the way she thinks is so beautiful.

Okay, sorry, just so giddy right now. Had to get it out.

Aww. Adorable. So glad it went well for you.

What a nice piece of news. In my experience women die for a man who can cook - it was partly that that won over my GF

sounds amazing...congrats!!! now you have to figure out a way to top that date on the next one hehehe
    the love you take is equal to the love you make

Congrats Wasabi! I hope it continues going well!!

Course now you know you have to give us constant updates. ^-^

Quote Originally Posted by RdHrshyKss View Post
    sounds amazing...congrats!!! now you have to figure out a way to top that date on the next one hehehe
    Haha, yikes! I'm trying to figure out a good outdoors date. It's winter in Washington so it's rainy and somewhat chilly. The rain and gloom is the main factor.

wow that sounds so romantic. i'm glad things went well.

She's going home for Christmas in a day, so I won't get to see her for probably two weeks. Makes me sad.

But overall I'm just extremely happy. I'm really hopeful about this, we get along so well and make each other laugh and there was definitely chemistry with the kiss and I know I'M crazy attracted to her.

Question; the answer to this is probably ("just go by how things feel") but from a general standpoint.. how aggressive is too aggressive at this point? 4th date. We text a lot, obviously closing in on relationship subtitles. I've been absolutely non-aggressive (physically at least) to this point because I wanted to establish the mental connection first. After our kissing, however, and considering how flirty things have gotten.. I really am going to find it difficult not to be touchy-feely and kissy and be aggressive physically (which I normally am.)

Should I cool down and stay pretty respectful, saving kissing and aggressive touching just for good-byes, or is it probably a good time to start getting the physical side of things going?

I'm not necessarily saying sex, but like public kissing (some girls I've dated have freaked out about that,) aggressive flirting and innocent/not really touching, pointed whispering, etc.. too soon? When ISN'T too soon?

I'm pretty sure she's on the same page as me in that she really likes being physical but has been focusing on developing other things first. Some comments she has made and the way the kissing went down lead me to believe this. I also think she wants me to take charge.

So.. right now.. I'm probably going to be pretty aggressive the next time I see her and tone it down or up depending on how she reacts. Would it be too much to kiss her instead of just hugging when we meet up?

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Go with the flow. I know that's no help, but it's a lot better than telling you to do this or that.

Just be confident. If kissing her feels right, kiss her. And if while you're kissing her it seems appropriate to grab her ass, grab it. The best thing you can do is not think too hard on this. Live in the moment.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Go with the flow. I know that's no help, but it's a lot better than telling you to do this or that.

Just be confident. If kissing her feels right, kiss her. And if while you're kissing her it seems appropriate to grab her ass, grab it. The best thing you can do is not think too hard on this. Live in the moment.
    No, you're definitely right. I'm just overthinking it. I'm super bored right now so kinda have nothing else to do but ponder. LOL

I think you need to be gradual in your ramping up. Don't just suddenly switch from respectful distance to aggressive and constant physical affection. But when you meet up with her next, maybe reach over and grab a quick kiss and then pull back and say you couldn't wait and see how she reacts. Touch her hand when you are sitting together in public, be ready to pull your hand back or settle it there based on her reaction. Do a little of the public flirting thing and see how she reacts. It seems like you have a really good thing growing here, so she will probably react well to ramping it up. But an on/off switch approach might be a little overwhelming at this early stage.

well since you guys had some kissing the last time you hung out...and she even came back for another quick kiss before she left...i'd say that kissing her when you meet up would be appropriate. but i wouldn't go too heavy off the bat. i'd try to read her signals first before making any kind of aggressive moves.
    the love you take is equal to the love you make

The subject is so complicated - there is no right answer. In my own case we went from zero to sex in 30 minutes but you can only go with the flow. Listen to how she feels, how she responds, take it a little further and listen again. But good luck my friend - I'm so happy that you have found somebody that appreciates you.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast