+ Follow This Topic

Thread: An odd situation, need opinions?(:

An odd situation, need opinions?(:

Hey! Not any big issue here or anything, I'm just a curious girl and wondering what else other people think about this. About 6 years ago, ever since I was little, I had gotten these three nicknames that are similar too each other. "Kitty, Kat, (and the girls normally call me kittycakes)", long story short .. My boyfriend, Alex, thought it was wrong that I have my guy friends call me such things and wanted me too tell them too stop, which I have for him, but I've grown fond of being called those over the years and I'm wondering, am I wrong too think that he's going a tad overboard with having my friends stop calling me these childhood nicknames or what?

That's strange that someone would care about nicknames. I could see if it was a nickname only a former boyfriend had for you or something, or if these nicknames had some other sort of meaning, but it sounds like innocent nicknames that merely correspond with your real name. I don't get it. What was his problem with them?

Way, way too possessive of him. Not a good sign. Tell him to deal and tell your friends to call you by the freakin' nicknames they have always called you.

You're setting the standard that he tells you something and you do it. He has no right to tell you what your friends can or can't call you, especially COMPLETELY harmless nicknames like those.

As the saying goes, bros before hos. (Your friends being the bros, your boyfriend currently being the ho. )

Well he just thinks certain nicknames should be exclusive between bf and gf, I tried telling him it's different when I've had those nicknames since I was a child .. But he thinks that when people call me kitty or kittycakes it's like some other guy calling me babe or baby.

That's pretty unreasonable. Like GratedWasabi mentioned, you don't have to do things that you don't agree with just because your boyfriend tells you you should. You need to put your foot down about stupid things like this or else it's going to get worse. Careful there, ok?

Quote Originally Posted by BlondeAtHeart View Post
    Well he just thinks certain nicknames should be exclusive between bf and gf, I tried telling him it's different when I've had those nicknames since I was a child .. But he thinks that when people call me kitty or kittycakes it's like some other guy calling me babe or baby.
    No. Just no. Tell him if he wants to be calling you anything he needs to chill out.

It is different and it's not like them calling you babe or baby in any way, shape or form. Some people have Kitty as a name. It'd be like you getting jealous if someone called him Scott. :p