+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Afraid of falling in love. Love hurts love is a lie?

Afraid of falling in love. Love hurts love is a lie?

I would love to know your opinion/advice on this =)

Hello I am a dude of 18 years and my first girlfriend was just something like an experiment so Ive never really had a "love" relationship.

I try to have a mind focused on sex and avoid love totally becouse it just seems that love is painfull. I dont wana end up falling in love with a girl and the next day end up with heart broken, or what if the girl cheats on me and etc.

Also looks like everything comes to an end so why make the effort?

But also I know that I would love to have a girl who is good looks+good personality and have that thing called "love" and make the effort.

I Know that all relationship need works and not everything is good but it really worth the effort? Or just go for the sex and forget feelings totally?

Hehehe Im kinda into old music so i think this songs describe perfectly my point+my english is not so good.

Every Rose Has Its Thorn by Poison

"Love hurts" by Nazareth

Whats love got to do with it? by Tina Turner

You can find them in youtube .

Your to immature for love if all you see is negative stay single for the rest of your life
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Alex, you're only 18... you have so much to experience! Relationships, life, love. If you close yourself off to the idea of loving someone, you may never have the chance to experience it. If everyone went around with the attitude of "all good things come to an end, so why make an effort", then where would we be? Why even get out of bed in the morning?

The thing is, most of us will have had more than one relationship in our lives before we meet the one we are supposed to be with, and we will have had to go through break-ups with someone who we loved. Of course break-ups hurt, but we learn from them and become stronger because of them. If you can't open yourself up to the idea of love and to have these experiences... (ie to find out what you are looking for in a partner, what you can tolerate, what you won't, etc) what can you offer the person you are meant to be with when you finally meet them?

I was in the dating world for 20 years before I met my husband. Lots of relationships, lots of breakups. That never made me stop trying.

Yeah, love can really stink but it can be great too.

But heck, you're only 18. You could spend the next ten years just dating around, keeping things light, and enjoying life, and you'd still have plenty of time to take your relationships to the next level. Do what you feel ready for.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetkissesforu View Post
    Your to immature for love if all you see is negative stay single for the rest of your life

Thanks for the answer hahaha.
    I didnt expected that but yeah maybe i have to stop seeing love in a negative way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bella82 View Post
    Alex, you're only 18... you have so much to experience! Relationships, life, love. If you close yourself off to the idea of loving someone, you may never have the chance to experience it. If everyone went around with the attitude of "all good things come to an end, so why make an effort", then where would we be? Why even get out of bed in the morning?

The thing is, most of us will have had more than one relationship in our lives before we meet the one we are supposed to be with, and we will have had to go through break-ups with someone who we loved. Of course break-ups hurt, but we learn from them and become stronger because of them. If you can't open yourself up to the idea of love and to have these experiences... (ie to find out what you are looking for in a partner, what you can tolerate, what you won't, etc) what can you offer the person you are meant to be with when you finally meet them?
    Yeah you are right about that. I really like your answer so ill give you a thanks =).

Quote Originally Posted by twinrexes View Post
    I was in the dating world for 20 years before I met my husband. Lots of relationships, lots of breakups. That never made me stop trying.

Yeah, love can really stink but it can be great too.

But heck, you're only 18. You could spend the next ten years just dating around, keeping things light, and enjoying life, and you'd still have plenty of time to take your relationships to the next level. Do what you feel ready for.
    Everyithing has it time right? Thanks for the answer =)

Is it just me or am I the only one thinking this could be somewhat wrong, numbing up cause your afraid getting hurt?
    No-one should be afraid of anything, especially not if it can make you the happiest man alive.
    It could become a bad habit or great(er) fear, or am I wrong with that?

Relationships are so complex - you cannot begin a relationship thinking that this will be:
    1. True love
    2. Sex

It doesn't work like that. Sometimes you're out there dating with no desire to get serious then love hits you between the eyes like some kind of missile. At other times you think 'she's the one' and then it falls apart. Don't think about the future - go out dating, be yourself and see what happens. Good luck. And don't be afraid of expressing your feelings.

Speaking about love-hurts songs - here is one of my favourite: Love Hurts by Incubus. Make sure you listen to the lyrics

We all need different experiences in life. And nobody knows what is going to happen. So don't put restrictions on yourself.
    You can be more casual now, just getting to know the whole experience. Don't try to turn into a robot without feelings.
    Relationships, love are good things. To get some good things you usually need to take a risk.