+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Not sure if now is the right time?

Not sure if now is the right time?

Hi guys,

Ive posted on the dumping talk before but this is different. Ive been dating this girl for one date and a night out, but not sure if its what i want right now? Ive gone through a break up and been single for two months. Its been hard cos its was my first serious relationship and had been living together. When we broke up i read the forums and took advice to get out there again and to take advantage of my situation, and so i have been!

My problem now is that ive meet another girl who is what im looking for in a person but i still find my self, when im feeling down, thinking of my previous girlfriend! I feel bad and dont know why i keep thinking this way about my ex. when im feeling good i know breaking up was right looking back but i so miss what we had and having not seen her since. Has anyone gone throught something similar?

I know is early days with this other girl and we are still getting to know each other but find that i might not be as excited as a should be.....?

King Zarathu Guest
    Take things slowly and be cool about it.

If she's the one for you, things will work out. Otherwise.. she just isn't meant to be.

Much love to ya,

~Nick K.

p.s. are you french?

Quote Originally Posted by toto
    Hi guys,

Ive posted on the dumping talk before but this is different. Ive been dating this girl for one date and a night out, but not sure if its what i want right now? Ive gone through a break up and been single for two months. Its been hard cos its was my first serious relationship and had been living together. When we broke up i read the forums and took advice to get out there again and to take advantage of my situation, and so i have been!

it is tough after a serious break-up. i would say keep dating anyway - she is not going to be exactly like your last girl, but that it a good thing. this girl may not be right for you either, so keep looking around - you're free! meet as many girls as you can, and keep doing things to make yourself feel stronger.

My problem now is that ive meet another girl who is what im looking for in a person but i still find my self, when im feeling down, thinking of my previous girlfriend! I feel bad and dont know why i keep thinking this way about my ex. when im feeling good i know breaking up was right looking back but i so miss what we had and having not seen her since. Has anyone gone throught something similar?
    definitely - my ex was so great, and so witty. for a long time i wondered what he would say about any given movie or anecdote. it's just going to take time. lame, hey? one thing that helped me though was to know what i missed about him, and work on improving that aspect in myself.

don't contact her, though. at all. it's counter-productive.

I know is early days with this other girl and we are still getting to know each other but find that i might not be as excited as a should be.....?
    yeah, i dig that. she may not be the right one, or that excitement may not come for some time. hang in there, and keep dating. good luck!

sorry to double respond - i though the other one might get deleted.
    Last edited by sleepy; 19-11-04 at 09:47 AM.

you're still not entirely over your old GF. get to know the new one, and you'll be glad you did
    The only way to guaruntee a 100% rejection rate is never to ask at all.

I am trying to get to know this new girl and put everything in to it and enjoy being with her, but i still have feelings for my ex. I know thats normal now but dont want it to destroy new flames.
    Whats strange is that when i think of my ex, yea i miss her and what we had, but i also think of what was wrong with our relationship and realise im better off without her but i still cant look forward to moving on?....its hard to explain.

Anyone else felt like this?

(p.s. are you french?----No)

I feel fo you man. Sort of in the same boat, just listen to the "move on" advice