+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Feelin Ugly and different (in a bad kind of way)!

Feelin Ugly and different (in a bad kind of way)!

I've had people tell me certain guys like me but I've never had a guy say it to my face. Also- the guys who supposedly “like” me never ask me out on a date. I'm 19 years old I live in the city (not a big one but it isn't small either). I'm not fat. I've never been approached and I feel like I'm an ugly and useless. I was abandoned by my parents and I was never in the popular group in high school.

I look in the mirror and like what I see but because I was never popular or no guys asked me out I'm assuming I'm ugly. Why is it that the guys who I'm told like me won't ask me out? Why am I never getting approached? Where could I go to meet eligible guys?

A lot of guys are afraid to talk to beautiful women. It just means that they're the under-confident ones. Are you shy/reserved? If so, try to be a little more outgoing and show guys that you're fun to be around.

I would suggest getting over your negative self opinion of yourself. Doesn't matter whether you are a guy or a girl, if you believe you're ugly, most people are not going to have an attraction to you.
    You are who you are. Plain, cute, ugly, fat, skinney, etc. If it's not something you an adjust (don't ever think 'fix'), then you need to learn to be comfortable with it if you expect others to as well.
    If you're looking for a guy who's going to make you feel better about yourself, or to somehow validate your attractiveness, you're trolling for an abuser.

Here's a start, you hear someone likes you, but hasn't asked you out? Go ask him.

Quote Originally Posted by smileyface View Post
    I've had people tell me certain guys like me but I've never had a guy say it to my face. Also- the guys who supposedly “like” me never ask me out on a date. I'm 19 years old I live in the city (not a big one but it isn't small either). I'm not fat. I've never been approached and I feel like I'm an ugly and useless. I was abandoned by my parents and I was never in the popular group in high school.

I look in the mirror and like what I see but because I was never popular or no guys asked me out I'm assuming I'm ugly. Why is it that the guys who I'm told like me won't ask me out? Why am I never getting approached? Where could I go to meet eligible guys?
    'cuz they're cowards?

If you're in Washington, I'll take you on a date. There you go, you've been asked out. E-approached. :p

You're young. Are you in college? Go to coffee shops in the "young" or college part of town with your laptop/book/whatever and sit for a couple hours. A guy is bound to hit on you at some point. Shy is okay but have some confidence.

You might be giving off an unapproachable vibe without even realizing it. Do you make eye contact with and smile at the guys who like you? If you're not giving off any signals even the most interested guy might pass on approaching you.

i agree with leoben, i think it's time for you to change your wardrobe and attitude !
    Meshulam.

Always remember - relationships are hard work !
    Check out my blog at http://thepromall.com/blog/

What a lot of women don't realize is that a lot of men are just as worried about being rejected as women are. A lot of guys won't ask someone out unless they are sure they will be greeted with a positive response.
    Also, it is 2010 and there is nothing wrong with you asking someone out or initiating a conversation if you are interested. In fact, most shy or introverted men welcome this approach a lot, as it breaks the ice and takes that initial pressure off them.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Just because you're not getting a load full of dates, doesn't mean you're ugly.

Guys might not be approaching you because they're shy or afraid of rejection. You're only just coming out of that awkward teenage age group.

My suggestion would be to have a conversation with guys-not just guys you find attractive, just guys in general. Develop guy friendships. Become comfortable talking to guys, and eventually YOU'LL be able to approach THEM.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratedwasabi View Post
    'cuz they're cowards?

If you're in Washington, I'll take you on a date. There you go, you've been asked out. E-approached. :p

You're young. Are you in college? Go to coffee shops in the "young" or college part of town with your laptop/book/whatever and sit for a couple hours. A guy is bound to hit on you at some point. Shy is okay but have some confidence.
    So far GW will take any living thing on a date. and pay for it.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

He's still got one up on me, I don't wanna pay
    Green!

Wow, where's boisdevie asking for another picture?