+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Impossible relationship. Is this normal? What should I do? please help

Impossible relationship. Is this normal? What should I do? please help

Hello, I'm really confused and sad about my relationship and I came to the point that I want to share cause I need an opinion, from both boys and girls please.

I'm from Switzerland (sorry for my poor english)and I first came to the States 4 years ago for work, just six months, then I met this girl who was so nice and sweet and started a relation with her, I am 30 and she's 35, after one year I asked my company to transfer me here in the USA and it worked fine, basically because we wanted to be together.

Well, as soon as I have relocated and moved with her she is completely changed, and I found out that she has some kind of behavior problems. Now it's 3 years that we are together and she constantly complains about everything I do, I take her out and she don't like the place, I cook for her and she hate the meal, her day at work is bad and when home she blame it on me, if I don't feel like having sex when she want me to she get mad at me though we have normally good sex during the week, she's very bossy and control everything I do like I can't even be on the phone that she come in the room to check on me.

I tried to talk sweetly about these issues but even though she understands at first, she keep acting like that and I don't know what to do anymore. Is this normal? She says that I'm a bad partner because a real man would not have problems about her behavior, a real man always make his woman happy.
    I even thought we have different cultures and maybe I don't know how relationships are here in the USA but are all American girls like her? I just don't know any other to make comparison, but Swiss women are not like this at all and honestly I believe American girls are not like this too, so I think it's only her. What do you think?
    Should I quit? I'm really sad.
    Thank you.

Ask her, if she really wants to be with you. And if she answers positively, let her know that it's hard to say so according to her behaviour. You should not accept those "real man" statements.

it's very sweet your cook for her. that was definitely one of the things my boyfriend won me over with.

but this girl just sounds CRAZY

LMAO but on that note, she sounds completely like an American girl. Sorry to bust your bubble.

Thank you for the replies.

@RockNRoll I talked to her in every possible way, gently, concerned, whatever, she kept being like that for over 3 years now.

@Red_Sparrow do you mean american girls are known for this kind of attitude?
    So last night I took her to the theater for a show she wanted to see, she had tickets from a coworker so I took her, I drove and paid for expensive drinks, everything was fine, then on the way back she saw a jewelery store and suddenly got mad at me because I did not offer to go in and check out jewels on her, that's what she complained. Just an example out of hundreds I could tell, it's always like this, 80% of the time.

Would you guys quit a relationship like this?

It's just her. She's CRAZY. She sounds like a golddigger as well.

I would say, run as fast as possible.

Thanks @warriormaiden ... she's not even a gold digger cause although I am very successful with my job, she makes good money too on her own, I'm afraid it's just pure bitching indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason7 View Post
    Thanks @warriormaiden ... she's not even a gold digger cause although I am very successful with my job, she makes good money too on her own, I'm afraid it's just pure bitching indeed.
    Women can make good money and still be a gold digger. Just 'cuz they make it, doesn't mean they want to spend it. True story. Once dated a girl with a trust-fund and over $25k in her bank account... she never paid for a ****ing thing in our relationship.

She says that I'm a bad partner because a real man would not have problems about her behavior, a real man always make his woman happy.
    This is an interesting comment.. if a real man would not have problems with her behavior, then what about her ex-boyfriends? Maybe we don't need to stretch our imagination too far to understand why they are exes.. !

Leave her and find somebody that appreciates you because you deserve better.
    Si tu parle francais, ecoute mec, t'a besoin quelqu'un mieux qu'elle - c'a cest vras. Bon courage. Y'a beaucoup d'autre femmes.

No we are not all like this. Some of us actually treat our boyfriends with respect. As it should be.

She can't blame you for not reading her mind. She should be able to express her wishes and preferences or say in a decent manner when she would like something different from what you offered or done. Looks like you treat her well and take an effort to do things for her, but it's never enough/right for her. She seems to be always unhappy with something. This is not good.

Do you feel like you are appreciated, respected enough, do you feel like you are able to make her happy? You need to decide, whether you can carry on like this. I understand that you've talked to her in a lot of different ways , and she doesn't seem to change her attitude. So it's time for the last talk, if it is a dealbraker for you. You can give her one last chance, but I don't think she will chance. Take it or leave it.

There is nohing wrong with you, you actually sound like a very real man to me. It has nothing to do with this girl being american at all, spoiled brats exist all over the world. If she wants to be with you, you should let her know how you feel, and if she has problem with it- let me just tell you, you sound like you can do much better

Thank you for the replies.

@RockNRoll I talked to her in every possible way, gently, concerned, whatever, she kept being like that for over 3 years now.

@Red_Sparrow do you mean american girls are known for this kind of attitude?
    So last night I took her to the theater for a show she wanted to see, she had tickets from a coworker so I took her, I drove and paid for expensive drinks, everything was fine, then on the way back she saw a jewelery store and suddenly got mad at me because I did not offer to go in and check out jewels on her, that's what she complained. Just an example out of hundreds I could tell, it's always like this, 80% of the time.

Would you guys quit a relationship like this?
    Christ.

i wish my boyfriend took me to expensive concerts and paid for all of my drinks.
    stop making me feel like me own relationship is inadequate.

Thank you guys, your opinion made me more confident in this situation...

@RockNRoll yes exactly, it seems she blames me for not reading her mind, it's insane...

@sarahprincess glad to hear not all girls are like that, I mean I knew it since I never had a partner like this before.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast