+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should i be mad?

Should i be mad?

I've been dating my boyfriend, on and off, for about 7 months. I live at home with my parents so we mostly spend time at his apartment. It's usually pretty late when I leave so I ask him to walk me outside when I leave. He never wants to walk me. Instead, he gives me a pocket knife and says I can protect myself. He always just wants to go to sleep and have me walk out alone. I have to walk across the yard and the parking lot, to the street to get to my car. He says hes tired and he doesn't want to walk me and that I'll be ok because its a "safe" neighborhood. Am I wrong to ask my boyfriend to walk me to my car when I'm leaving so late? Do I have the right to be upset that he won't get up to walk me to my car?

He sounds like a jerk - if he really cares for you then he would walk with you to your car.

maybe try to leave early for few times, and when he'll ask why you leave so soon, tell him that since he don't want to walk you, you must leave early.
    Meshulam.

Always remember - relationships are hard work !
    Check out my blog at http://thepromall.com/blog/

You are right to expect care and protection from him at the very least. And the desire to be with you for a bit longer as well.
    He doesn't seem to care about you that much. I would suggest to think about your relationship, this car story might be just an indicator.

wow...no offense to your douche boyfriend, but he's a douche. i'm a guy but if my girlfriend was leaving late at night i'd be walking her to her car just to make sure she is safe.

on and off, eh?

time to move on. he evidently doesn't care enough.

If you won't feel safe there it's a man's job to let you feel safe if possible to be there.
    A knife can get you out of trouble, but also deeper into trouble. What if the assaulter get's his hands on it?
    Though be could also be tired with medical reason, is he ill or diagnosed with some fatigue disease?

Quote Originally Posted by quall View Post
    If you won't feel safe there it's a man's job to let you feel safe if possible to be there.
    A knife can get you out of trouble, but also deeper into trouble. What if the assaulter get's his hands on it?
    Though be could also be tired with medical reason, is he ill or diagnosed with some fatigue disease?
    Just does not care for his gf safety lazy
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My boyfriend wouldn't risk it no matter how tired he was. And if he was dead tired he says get in a taxi, I'm paying for it.

When my girlfriend leaves my place I walk her to the car. If she arrives after dark I walk out to meet her from the car. And I live on an enclosed estate with private parking. And I like a text when she gets home so I know she is safe. If you love someone and care about them, that's just what you do. Even though we are having a few problems of our own at the minute, I'd never leave her to walk to the car by herself. And I certainly wouldn't give her a weapon she has no idea how to use properly and that would probably end up getting her into even more trouble if she ever had to use it. I'm with everyone else - I'd make your next walk to the car the last one.

yeah thats seems a bit odd that he wont walk you to your car thats a gentlemanly thing to do. I like the idea of leaving early that someone else suggested

I agree with everyone here. You don't feel safe, and he doesn't give a crap.
    Selfish prick.

Take the knife and leave it in his tire. (Seriously, maybe not, my penis told me to say that)
    Green!