+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hate the way I look!

I hate the way I look!

ok so I've had compliments (lots of times) and I've been told I'm ugly. but sadly I always believe the negative. Sometimes I look in the mirror and think I look alright for a change but then later in the day I can't stand looking in the mirror. I've always had this paranoria about how I look, it was so bad when I around 15 - 16 that I couldn't at someone directly in the face. Thats got better over time and i'm now more confident but I still hate every thing about, I hate that I haven't got a flat stomache (I'm no where near fat, but I ain't perfect) I hate how big my boobs are (even if they do grab loads of attention) for me it makes me feel fatter, especially when I can't fit into tops because of it. The only thing I do like is my hair every else sucks.

my boyfriend compliments me all the time, most of my friends say nice things, I get hit on alot (on a night out once every time my boyfriend came back from the bar or toilet, I had a new guy hitting on me) but still I still get quite depressed about it

I once phoned in sick for work because I had too many spots at that time (I used to have a issue with spots, but now they come back when I'm on a period but then mostly fade away again making it easier to cover with make up)

good looks are in the eye of the beholder.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What exactly do you want us to say to this?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

not sure, just wondering if there is anyway to make myself feel better or if anyone else feels the same

Quote Originally Posted by Isabella86 View Post
    ok so I've had compliments (lots of times) and I've been told I'm ugly. but sadly I always believe the negative. Sometimes I look in the mirror and think I look alright for a change but then later in the day I can't stand looking in the mirror. I've always had this paranoria about how I look, it was so bad when I around 15 - 16 that I couldn't at someone directly in the face. Thats got better over time and i'm now more confident but I still hate every thing about, I hate that I haven't got a flat stomache (I'm no where near fat, but I ain't perfect) I hate how big my boobs are (even if they do grab loads of attention) for me it makes me feel fatter, especially when I can't fit into tops because of it. The only thing I do like is my hair every else sucks.

my boyfriend compliments me all the time, most of my friends say nice things, I get hit on alot (on a night out once every time my boyfriend came back from the bar or toilet, I had a new guy hitting on me) but still I still get quite depressed about it

I once phoned in sick for work because I had too many spots at that time (I used to have a issue with spots, but now they come back when I'm on a period but then mostly fade away again making it easier to cover with make up)
    You maybe irresistibly beautiful in the beholder's eyes. I could say if I can see you

1. Show us photos so we can comment.
    2. Thought about therapy?

Looks are just like taste, totally personal and different in everyone.

My friends could agree on some girl being totally hot while I would say she's not and the other way around.

So when some girl calls you ugly, sometimes they are just jealous, or when someone really means it, just believe them for their opinion and realise its just that stupid person's bad taste.

Of course some people are just unanimously agreed on being ugly, that's really sad for them but they can date other ugly people so I guess in the end it doesn't really matter.

Something magically happens when you have someone that keeps telling you, your pretty, and if you really start believing you are beautiful, you will look in the mirror and start loving yourself

Don't we all Isabella. Don't we all. Don't worry about it too much. I don't know what you look like but am confident you look at least better than me.

Hiya,

Ive started a journey to find my self and develop into the person i want to be, i am puting my findings onto a website called groweachtime.com, there might be some useful articles on there you might find interesting. Also got a blog.

My journey started sometime ago when i broke up with someone i thought i loved...... i was heartbroken. Several months of feeling low later i went to my friends wedding and after 3 of my friends and i went on a road trip to Las Vegas. First night i was there i met a girl we got talking and even though i live in the UK and she lives in LA, we kept talking and have visited each other several times sometimes for 2 months at a time and not are getting married in November. You will find someone when you least expect it. Or in my case they will find you!

Relax and enjoy the journey!

Polmateer

Live beautifully is more important than beautiful look

For me, confident girl is the most pretty

The people who truly love you will only notice your inner look, not outlook

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Most women have been conditioned to feel dissatisfied with their appearance. I think girls like you spend too much time thinking about how they hate their looks because they don't have enough to do that makes them feel good.

Maybe you should try volunteer work, or setting up some sort of academic goal... something that requires good effort. Volunteer work will teach you compassion and appreciation, and school would render you too busy to be bothered with shallow problems.

I also suggest you not look at beauty magazines, and limit your access to popular media (TV, movies, etc). They only make women feel ugly.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I think everybody gets down on their appearance sometimes, it's normal. but it sounds like you're attractive, you get hit on and your boyfriend compliments you. so get some confidence! everyone has their off days, but wear what makes you feel sexy and try to make yourself look good so you feel good

Learn how to like and respect yourself. When you do this, everyone around you will too

CraigT aneed4change

MrE is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Confidence does a whole lot for someone's beauty. If you get hit on a lot and such, then you're probably at least average, or a little above - it would help you become 'smokin' if you actually had confidence in yourself. Some people tend to hone in on the imperfections, instead, look at yourself and see what is beautiful. Do you have a nice complexion? Sexy eyes? Beautiful lips? See your beauty, hold your head up, love yourself and you will look even more beautiful to others.

I used to have confidence problems when I was younger. I had a terrible time finding women, I didn't like the way I looked. As I aged (30 now) I started turning a new leaf, and now I'm extremely confident, I look in the mirror and think "Damn, he's hot! And confident!" (don't worry about people that think you're full of yourself, you always have to look out for number one - yourself. Compliment yourself). Once I started becoming more confident I found that women were much more attracted to me - confidence really does work wonders. When you don't feel it, others don't feel it either.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post

I also suggest you not look at beauty magazines, and limit your access to popular media (TV, movies, etc). They only make women feel ugly.
    Not to mention half of it is photo shopped and strict dieting and millions of dollars worth of plastic surgery

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast