+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Job hunting and interviews question.

Job hunting and interviews question.

I was diagnosed with delusional disorder and it makes job hunting and job interviewing troublesome. I have some things that are worrying me. I'm worried that if I get a job at the mall people I knew from high school (recent graduate of high school) or anyone I've seen before will think I'm stalking them. I know I'm not a stalker but can't stand the thought of anyone thinking I'm a stalker. I also feel like they're thinking ew... why is she always trying to show up in our lives!

Also, I'm afraid of applying more than once for a job especially if I've had an interview there. To me-- it'd be awkward being interview again by an employer who essentially rejected me. I'm afraid the interviewer who's interviewed me before will think man, why won't she leave us alone!?

Then, there's a store where all the preppy girls work and I'd like to work there but am afraid the popular girls will think I'm trying to join their group. Also, that they're thinking I'm stalking them. I also don't wanna deal with them but need money and really can't be choosy.

Lastly, I'm afraid to make eye contact with male/female interviewers because I thought making loads of eye contact signifies sexual attraction. I don't want people who might be going by while I'm being interviewed thinking the interviewer and I have something going on. I get really jittery and can't even really look at people's faces when I talk to people (strangers). Are these delusions and I totally understand that you guys aren't psychiatrist or mental health experts but other normal people's opinions and advice does wonders for me! NOT A TROLL I AM A PERSON WHO DESPERATELY NEEDS ADVICE! Why would I waste my time writing this out????

Are these delusions and I totally understand that you guys aren't psychiatrist or mental health experts but other normal people's opinions and advice does wonders for me!
    Yes, you're delusional.

An internet forum is not a substitution for a mental health professional, so it's pointless for you to post your problems here and ask for advice. People call you a troll because you keep posting weird stuff that doesn't make sense to anyone but you, and we can't really help you with that. In fact, it's probably pretty unhealthy for you to keep coming here, where people are mean to you and can't understand what you keep going on about.

Go to a doctor.

Right on MerryH, RIGHT ON!!