+ Follow This Topic

Thread: advice urgently needed... love traingle

advice urgently needed... love traingle

I started seeing my boyfriend a month ago and all was going really well. His friend spent everyday with us which meant we got no alone time and still dont. I brought this to his attention as i felt that we needed space as a couple. He said "all in due time" and dropped the subject at that. So couple of weeks went past and he was very closed and very arrogant towards me, never complimented me or said anything nice and to be honest i didnt and still dont know where i stand with him. Anyway his friend started texting me and we got along really well anyway, we started developing feelings for eachother because we get along so well and we seem perfect for eachother but we know we cant do anything as my boyfriend is stuck in the middle.

Tonight i was round my boyfriends house and we were all there, his friend and i couldnt stop looking at eachother and the feeling was very tense as me and my boyfriend argued last ngiht and he made alot of stabby comments which upset me.

So anyway, i am going to leave my bf thats fact, once xmas is over (as its his birthday and i dont want to ruin it) ill do that.

But I want to be with his friend and he wants to be with me we just cant see a way around it at all which hurts us both because we're falling in love and any option we take to this will hurt someone.

HELP !!! <3

Ultimatly, what makes you happy is what makes you happy.
    If your BF isn't what you need, and the friend in the middle is fine with it, try it.
    You're prepared to break up with him, and possibly hurt his feelings (I suspect it won't hurt much to be honest), but you're leary of hurting his feelings by dating his friend?

I can't even call this an ethical issue, you just want to avoid possible conflict.

Really, you know know deep down whether this is something you want to get into. Do you want to risk some ugly or not?
    Green!

If you're going to break up with him, I suggest waiting a little bit before continuing on with his friend. That's just my opinion though- I would be quite upset if my gf left me and got together with my friend almost immediately.

Listen girl, if it's not working for you then break up with him NOW and move on with your life.

So you going to buy him a christmas gift, a birthday gift, and give him a bday boink? And then the next day take off with his best friend? Is that how you don't ruin his holidays/bday?

First, you have gone out with this guy for A MONTH. You owe him very little beside 'hey this isn't working out, I don't want to see you anymore'. And at this point, after a mere month, he IS NOT YOUR BOYFRIEND, he is just some dude you have been seeing. Even you said, you have no idea where things stand between you two. And again, ITS ONLY BEEN A MONTH!!!!

Second, have you actually discussed with his friend that you want to try going out, and that you are falling 'in love' after several weeks of texting? My advice is, stop calling things 'relationships' and 'boyfriends' until they are a little more concrete. SLOW DOWN!!!

Third, you have just complicated things by setting your sights on his friend. If they really want to remain friends, the second guy needs to ask permission of the first guy. Oh, and when you break up, get ready for them to compare notes.

I figure you are really young and what I have to say will be totally lost on you. But you never truly know a person till after 6 months. I think at 3 months you start getting an idea of how potentially great or how potentially jerky a person is. But it isn't until the 6 month mark do you truly admit it to yourself. So stop this 1 month - he is my boyfriend, I'm in love, BS.

Why is the friend always around? Are these two guys roommates? If they are, it would be a really bad idea to hook up with the friend anytime soon.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.