+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Idea's for dealing with distance?

Idea's for dealing with distance?

Hmmk so here's the thing. Girl I've been seeing just over a couple months or so now and she's amazing ,we click in every way , my friends love her and she makes me really happy. Thing is we live about an hour and a half's bus ride from each other neither of us drive , Money wise its not a problem , we both have jobs and have the money to go see each other every week but sometimes she'll say something about "not being good at distance" or something along those lines. Then the moment passes and we're back to being normal and coupley..

In most ways she's more ...dominant if that makes sense , deciding what we do and when , while Im not fussed and go along with it ,and she's not shy in saying what she thinks at all which is why I've been thinking if she was going to end it she'd have done it by now , especially as she has some trust issues I wouldnt have thought it'd be difficult for her (going through my phone messages ,reading my facebook etc). So...firstly...I'm not sure if she's thinking of ending it , which puts me on edge slightly...and secondly I don't know how to keep things going. She has to go away to visit some friends this weekend , and last weekend I was ill which means a whole bunch of time not seeing each other. She still texts me good morning every day , but I'm worried we'll drift apart before I can next see her. So...any idea's about how to keep the fire going over long distance as it were , would be much appreciated
    "Nobody , so long as he moves about among the chaotic currents of life , is without trouble. Carl jung

The distance excuse is just that, an excuse to hide what's really going on. You are going to have to grow some and sit her down and discuss where this relationship is going and if she wishes to continue it, what can you do to make it better. Communication is the only way....it is a requirement for any relationship to make it work.

agree with the above poster. And the phrase 'trust issues' waves big red flags to me - trust issues often means the other person is not 100pc into the relationship or they're a bit 'unhinged'.

I don't hate you , I'm not a stubborn moron . It's not that the relationship as such is struggling , it just feels like it's on the brink of doing so , as if she has something on her mind about it. thanks for the advice , I'll talk to her.
    "Nobody , so long as he moves about among the chaotic currents of life , is without trouble. Carl jung

Distance doesn't end relationships, that really is just an excuse. But distance does magnify existing issues. In this case, a big one appears to be her "trust issues."
    Open and honest communication is the only way to go.
    But, risky being cliche, don't try to fix it if it ain't broke. You say that you feel like the relationship is on the brink, but so far nothing is wrong. You are worried you two will grow apart in two weeks' time... It seems to me that you may need a little more than a long distance relationship can offer. If you are unsure about the relationship like this, it can't go forward very well.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

get the skype and a webcam. you\'ll figure out the rest

Watching movies can be fun to do together. Do you have netflix or have access to anything online? Sync both movies together and chat online or on the phone while watching. Send letters when you're thinking of each other, mail each other care packages, etc. Play games online.

It's interesting how LDRs are rather relative. I get to see my guy once every few month and we have to find 300 bucks for a roundtrip flight. If we lived a bus ride apart I don't think I'd even think of it as an LDR.

Good luck.