+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why does she keep lying?

Why does she keep lying?

Me and my partner split a few weeks ago and we have a young son together. She told me she didn't want anyone else and that there was no one else etc. She has been constantly accusing me ever since of having someone else even though I don't. She told me about a week after we split that she was planning on going away the weekend just gone.

Through a friend I have since learnt that she went there to meet one of her exes and they are now in a relationship and may have been for a lot longer. She rang today and I made conversation with her and just casually asked her whether she had found someone else. She replied no and then started going on about how bad christmas, her birthday and new years eve were going to be without anyone.

Why does she keep lying! Its so damn obvious, but I am not going to let her know that I know yet.

She was adamant that I had someone else. The relationship almost sounds like she has just replaced me with any one of her exes in order to keep some stability but why doesn't she just tell me outright. I have told her I don't ever want to get back with her and she has said the same so why not just be honest?

I still have feelings but I think its more due to my son and his future but I do not want to get back with her. Which cheating element do you refer to me having someone else? Since she was the one who was so adamant it makes me all the more suspicious that it has been going on a lot longer hence her paranoia and insecurity causing her to think I had someone else.

No I do not want her back but if she lies to me about whether or not she is in a relationship it makes me nervous as to what else she may lie to me about with regard to my son and her new partner.

Why let it bother you if neither of you 2 want to get back 2gether she must be playing you
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Quote Originally Posted by sweetkissesforu View Post
    Why let it bother you if neither of you 2 want to get back 2gether she must be playing you
    Like I said I am concerned about what else she may lie to me about with regard to my son. I suppose there is not a lot I can do at this stage about her lying but I hopes she has the decency not to lie about my son and his welfare

Maybe she is an amoral person who only was honest with you when she still cared about you. Now that she doesn't care, she lies to you whenever it's convenient.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    Maybe she is an amoral person who only was honest with you when she still cared about you. Now that she doesn't care, she lies to you whenever it's convenient.
    I understand where you are coming from. It is a possibility but she wasn't completely honest towards the end of the relationship either so I think it is just out of habit.

some people are so dishonest that their definition of dignity is lying to other people to "protect them"

Quote Originally Posted by cuttingcrew View Post
    some people are so dishonest that their definition of dignity is lying to other people to "protect them"
    In a strange way that makes a lot of sense, thank you for that

I hate it, I mean absolutely hate it when someone lies. That is the biggest turn off for me ever. Good luck with your affairs dan2k7. I hope you can get it worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Heitzman View Post
    I hate it, I mean absolutely hate it when someone lies. That is the biggest turn off for me ever. Good luck with your affairs dan2k7. I hope you can get it worked out.
    Thanks mate, turns out the plot is much thicker than first thought. Looks like she has been seeing this guy for longer than just a few weeks it may have been going on months. Why someone will do these sort of things especially when you have a child together is beyond me. A little bit of honesty was owed after what we have been through.

I mean I can't believe she would lie to you like that when you have a kid that's her's too I'm guesin. That to me is very wrong and that child is gonna have a lot of problems with this. You were responsible in this situation and good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Heitzman View Post
    I mean I can't believe she would lie to you like that when you have a kid that's her's too I'm guesin. That to me is very wrong and that child is gonna have a lot of problems with this. You were responsible in this situation and good for you.
    Thanks mate, I have learned a lot from the relationship which is a bonus but I feel bad for my son. He deserves better than being split between both parents.

I'll just wrap this up and say that for now just be the best father you can be for your son right now. He needs a lot of love and attention from you right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast