+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's me again.

Okay. That's fair. I could have phrased that in a nicer way, but I didn't feel the need to sugarcoat it for you since I've seen how you can dish it out. If you want people to treat you nicely, behave in a way that deserves kindness, yes?

I can agree with that. I'm calmed down now and I will be nicer to everyone else. I'm starting to feel like me again.

I know I can dish it out too. Boy do I know that. I don't know you but I'll say that you are a reasonable person for what you did. I praise you for that.

Just try not to let things bother you so much. When someone makes a not so great comment about me i'll give them a smile or laugh with them about it, this shows that i'm confident and that i'm happy just being me. Be the witty one, it's interesting and attractive. Everyone just wants to have a good time, if they see that you are negative or angry all the time they're going to either avoid you or purposely try to make you angry because it brings them satisfaction.

Our society is very competitive, losing or doing poorly compared to others is what we are taught to avoid. When someone makes a negative comment about you, it's an attempt to gain some sort of power over you. It's up to you to decide on whether or not the comment gets to you. The only way he/she wins is if the comment affects you or gives that person an excuse to mock or laugh at you. If you're able to manipulate what that person has said into something funny, then you've gained power over that person by not letting the comment get to you, and showing the person that they aren't able to affect you negatively. Not only this, it's an attractive quality. Would you rather be friends with someone you can laugh with and feel comfortable around? or someone that gets angry and stressed out about every little thing.

You make an amazing point, blent. I actually strive for that usually and have not been doing a great job lately. Thanks for your post.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12