+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Giving up too easily?

Giving up too easily?

My friends and I came across this topic recently since I feel like I might be missing something. So maybe you ladies on here could clear a lot of it up.

Obviously dating in a busy world is tough as it is. Add on the fact that many women don't necessarily trust guys in fear of getting hurt. And finally, there's just the female instinct of wanting the guy to really chase her. Add all these up along with other factors, and it makes it really hard for us guys to "win" you over. So my question is, do you think we give up too easily? I have another thread in the other forum (the "making out: good or bad" thread, as your ladies input would be greatly appreciated there too) and the reason I link that is because that's the example related to it. A lot of guys due to pride/not interested enough/other options/etc will only chase after the girl to a bare minimum degree, thinking they're being a challenge. For the guy who's really into another girl, and is left with very mixed signals from them, should we be putting a little more effort into trying with you? I'm not talking anything obsessed/stalkerish. Just saying if we really want another shot, should we be giving one last shot ourselves?

What do you mean 'give it up too easily'? You talk as though it was some kind of prize where the woman is sexless and gives in to her man after he's chased her enough. In my world women are sexual creatures just like men - they have sex, they enjoy sex. My current GF was the one who invited me into her bed without any pressure from me. She loves making love with me. I love to make love with her. Neither of us are 'giving up' anything - we are having a loving relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    What do you mean 'give it up too easily'? You talk as though it was some kind of prize where the woman is sexless and gives in to her man after he's chased her enough. In my world women are sexual creatures just like men - they have sex, they enjoy sex. My current GF was the one who invited me into her bed without any pressure from me. She loves making love with me. I love to make love with her. Neither of us are 'giving up' anything - we are having a loving relationship.
    ??? This has absolutely nothing to do with sex. I'm talking about guys pursuing girls relationship-wise. Girls making guys jump through hoops to prove their worth.

Well, I can relate. I'm in that very situation now. The fine line between "Chasing" and coming off as "Clingy" is fine indeed. Somehow, through all the overkills and mistakes, if you REALLY want to be with a woman, and she's still interested at all...sooner or later, she'll figure it out. So don't give up too soon. A worthy woman will not make it easy, but there always is a way into her heart.

I often give up on girls period. I get intimated very easily and always see the negative part out of these situations.

quote hpe this helps

Women are like apples on trees.
    The best ones are at the top of the tree.
    Most men don’t want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt.
    Instead, they just take the rotten apples from the ground that aren’t as good,
    but easy so, the apples at the top think something is wrong with them,
    when in reality,
    they’re AMAZING.
    They just have to wait for the right guy to come along,
    the one who’s brave enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree….
    Last edited by sweetkissesforu; 19-12-10 at 01:20 AM.
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Great poem sweetkissesforu.

Quote Originally Posted by xRJ85x View Post
    ??? This has absolutely nothing to do with sex. I'm talking about guys pursuing girls relationship-wise. Girls making guys jump through hoops to prove their worth.
    You are so wrong here anything that is good is worth the wait sex is not all a relationship requires girls want to know that they are not being used that possibly that this relationshipis going somewhere this is in our nature not all times but most want to be cared for and loved
    Last edited by sweetkissesforu; 19-12-10 at 12:48 AM.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

That is what dating is all about....you have to kick some tires to see if they are the right one. If you have a lot in common and find each other attractive, and are comfortable around each other, that's called hitting it off.....having chemistry. It's a hit or miss situation. It's all part of what you have to go through to meet the one. You have to weed out the ones that are insecure, worried about getting hurt or are picky. Those are the ones that are not worth any ones time. And girls, YOU can make the first move. It's not the 1950's where you sit and wait.....waiting is for fools.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Heitzman View Post
    I often give up on girls period. I get intimated very easily and always see the negative part out of these situations.
    You have to grow and know what you want everything can be black and white or good and bad tho you get more bees with honey then you do with vinegar all in how you choose to look at it
    Oscar Wilde

Your intersting sweetkissesforu. I'd like to befriend you more and maybe be friends on facebook.