+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fashion Question

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Fashion Question

I know nothing about fashion. I have absolutely zero taste in it. I rely entirely on what other people tell me or what I observe. Honestly, in a sane world I'd wear the absolute most comfortable, ugliest shit ever.

Anyway, someone gave me two sweaters for Christmas. They're really, really nice. I think they were expensive. Unfortunately, they're turtlenecks. But! The neck part has buttons, and they can be undone. I wish I could find a picture.

Anyway, there's no way in hell I can wear them buttoned up, but unbuttoned I don't feel like I'm being strangled by an extremely weak man at all times. Kind of looks like I have a popped collar. I dunno. Passable? Laughable?
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

There's no possibility of folding the collars down and try to get around it as a v-neck sweater?

1 not cool for ripping off mitch hedberg
    2 lame for not being able to make your own fashion decisions. you sound like my gf asking if the pants make her butt look too big. if theyre nice sweaters why does it matter if you look like a retard for unbuttong the turtleneck?

I think it would look good either way.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Look, I don't pick women up by being myself. I'm mean-spirited, spiteful, and utterly disgusted with humanity. I pick women up by pretending to be whatever it is they want. Part of that involves dressing the right way. As I said, I have no interest in or comprehension of fashion. I wear whatever is likeliest to attract the desired female. Bah. Why aren't there any pics of similar sweaters? Whatever.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You should take a pic so we can see!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Wear this into the bar:

It'll go great with your turtleneck.

Men always have struggles with what to wear. And yes comfort has to be included for sure. That's what the sales people in the store are for. They are there to make suggestions....it's part of their job. I'm a female at at times I get frustrated at what to wear. I just ask a sales person to dress me, and it works! They will pick out stuff I would never think to try on...they know what they are doing.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Are the buttons on the front of the neck? And by "turtleneck" do you mean the type of shirt that the neck actually folds over on itself? Or is it a mock-turtleneck sweater? If the buttons are right down the middle, I think it is meant to be worn unbuttoned. A picture would be helpful.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Slowly but surely I'm dressing less like I'm on a jobsite.

It's a struggle for me, because the idea of buying "pre-worn", or pre-faded jeans is humorous to me since I literally wear my work jeans in a manner that causes them to legitimately look torn, worn, and faded.

Holes and frayed edges?

Mine are legit boyeeee.

Ahh. I'm not the big fashion type. I actually don't have a lot of good clothes to wear.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Uhhh... nothing folds. If I button it, the neck just comes up to my chin. But yes, the buttons are down the middle.

That pervy professor dude's sweater is completely different but the neck is similar. My sweater's neck is a little higher than that, but it's close. It also has big brass buttons which I think look way cooler than a zipper.

I'm really oblivious to clothing. I miss being a teenager when it was perfectly acceptable and expected for me to wear nothing but jeans, T's and battered old sneakers. Bah. I wish I could just wear an identical uniform every day or something. My individuality isn't represented by overpriced garments that adhere to the hive mind consensus on what is and is not fashionable. This is the new millennium. Aren't we supposed to be wearing identical jumpsuits or something?

One of these days I'm going to be impotent, and that is going to be a sweet day. That's the day when I show my true colors. That's the day I start wearing sweatpants and slippers everywhere I go. I'm going to be the meanest, craziest old fart this world has ever known.
    Last edited by Gribble; 19-12-10 at 08:34 PM.
    -Mark Twain

-Albert Einstein

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yep, just as I thought. Don't button up unless it's for warmth. If the neckline is a little bigger, then try to fold it down.

I love high-quality men's clothing.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by doppelmakemelol View Post
    Wear this into the bar:

It'll go great with your turtleneck.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    any piece of clothing is all about the cut. It's not good posting those pics because it will all depend on the cut. If your jumpers have a stylish cut and fit well, they'll look good. If they have a dorky cut, they will make you look dorky.

Also it will depend on the rest of your outfit. And your general appearance and demeanour.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast