+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I can't tell how this girl feels about me; does she like me?

I can't tell how this girl feels about me; does she like me?

It's been bugging me a lot the past few weeks or so. This girl and I get along really well and it seems like there's something there - I like her a ton and she seems to like me too. But I can't tell if she likes me as more than a friend or not. She'll exhibit some of the characteristics that people say to watch out for if a girl is interested in you but I still wonder sometimes.

She's said "you're amazing" to me a number of different times and often compliments me on things (she's said I'm a good guitar player, said I'm good at graphic design, etc), laughs a lot at my jokes (even when they're lame) and has "liked" several different pictures of me I've posted on either Facebook or Tumblr, and has called me "cute" a few times before too.

She's never said anything "friend-zone"-like, ie - she's never said "you're such a good friend" or "you're like a brother" or anything like that at all. The most she's said is, like I mentioned, that I'm "amazing" or "the sweetest guy ever" and she'll say things like "aw, you're neat" from time to time. We talk mostly through texting or SMS as of now and I usually text first but when I do we end up texting for a while, sometimes over the course of an entire evening, and often end up saying goodnight to one another and wishing one another "sweet dreams" and all that.

She's texted me first on a few occasions, mostly recently, just to say hi and talk. She wasn't asking for anything and both times she was hanging out with her friends/roommates so it wasn't just because she was bored. She'll "aww" at a lot of things I say and use a lot of smilies or heart icons in texting or SMS chats as well. This girl has expressed an interest in spending time alone with me before as well and seems excited at the idea of hanging out.

Also, she's told me twice now that she takes a stuffed animal I got her for her birthday to bed with her each night and she falls asleep cuddling it. She even takes it home with her on weekends when she's not at school and has named it.

So do you think she's thinking of me when she's cuddling with it? I know she loves cats so that's why I got it for her but part of her love for the gift probably comes from the fact that she got it from me, right? She called it "the best thing I ever did receive <3" in a text once, so I get the feeling she's dropping subtle hints? I don't know, I might just be seeing things how I want to. Sometimes she doesn't contact me for a couple days at a time or she won't respond to texts I send her and I just wonder how much she really likes me. People say girls will always respond to the guy they like, but I dunno about that. Thoughts?

Basically I just really really like this girl a lot and it's killing me right now not knowing for sure how she feels. Where does "good friend" end and "love interest" or "crush" start? Where's the line? I'm clueless when it comes to this stuff. I want to find out for sure/ask her out sometime but I'm nervous about messing things up. Anyway, thanks for reading this and you time. I appreciate it.

It seems to me she likes you!! Why don't you just ask her? The chances are is shes waiting for you to make a move x

I've talked to some of my friends about this too and they say the same thing. Deep down I believe that she does too but for some reason I just can't bring myself to believe that she'd really ever be interested in me. I've always had self-esteem issues (especially lately) so that's a problem for me. I definitely want to make a move but I'm not sure how to yet.

Also, I worry that when she doesn't text back (twice now over the past two days), it means something's wrong. I dunno. I get nervous about that kind of thing for some reason.

Look from what I see she does like you.. the best thing to do is put any insecurities to the side and just ask her (I know it will be hard). Just do it and let us know how you get on. Why not ask her if she wants to go on a date like the cinema or something x

Good point. I just don't know what to do. I take it so seriously and overreact every time she doesn't reply to a text message because my reaction is "you did something wrong, she hates you and doesn't want to talk to you" even though I know that's not the case.

FNM is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Unless you're giving us a distorted view of the situation, I don't really understand why you have any doubt. There's nothing there that would suggest she doesn't like you. Alright, she might not respond to every text you send, but maybe she's busy. Look at all the positive stuff you have written there and compare it to the negative stuff and you have your answer - she likes you.

Hi!.. I'm actually really similar to you.. when I like a girl I check out every detail and tend to take personal whatever she does... my advice is, try not to be like that, 'cause you are going to go crazy, there's always something that your mind can turn in to a big deal, especially when you like a lot someone.. And just ask her out, or better, tell her how you feel, probably she feels same way, and if she doesn't it doesnt matter... realise that you have nothing to lose..

Look at it like this. No advice in the world, no matter how long you theorize, no matter how many people you talk to there is only one thing that will answer your questions. That's asking the girl. YOU decide how long it is before you do that. And if you never do it, then you just missed out on life pal and I promise you will regret it so bad.

Thanks for all the advice everyone. Gave me some perspective. Especially that about all the positive things outweighing the fact she hasn't texted back. Thanks guys.

Shes treating you like a puppy. A "cute" and "aww"-guy is a friend.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    How can you NOT think she likes you? UHHHHHHHHHHHH DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH she's like dying for you to ask her out, hold her hand, hug her. Literally, dying. Talk about clueless (you).

If the LIGHTS were any brighter you'de go blind!!!! What are you waiting for!!!! Give it a go... This female is giving you all the GREEN LIGHTS...You'll end up lossing her if you wait to long... Listen, you'll never really know if you don't ask... Invite her out on a quick date, if this feels a bit uncomfortable to you, them invite her out with you and your friends.. Tell her your going out for a drink or movie whatever and ask her to come along with.. Once she says yes to you, well my friend its all up to you to seal the deal... Just have fun... Good Luck...