+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Guys constantly hitting on girls.

Guys constantly hitting on girls.

I have a serious issue with so many guys out there who will hit on and keep asking out so many girls.

Long story short, I am 23, I've never had a GF (due to some psychological issues-have been resolved now), but I was planning on asking this young lady who I've been liking for the best part of 2 years now. However over the last 2 years I have not bothered to go because of the number of other guys that go up to her.

I am not afraid of rejection, cause if she says no, it's her loss, I have gained enough confidence to think that way.

What I am afraid of is the fact so many guys are hitting on her, one time when I was around her, I saw in the space of 20 mins, 6 guys approach her, that was just in a small comfort zone/lounge as we call it. If I go up to her she may think, "oh no here's another".

What do girls think of guys like that? Those who will just keep asking out and hitting on girls and how can the guys who are not like that, ensure they are not viewed in that way.

It's been 2 damn years and I haven't made a move because of issues like this.

Yeah. I don't like that either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I'm the real Sexy Chunk.

Well you are not looking at it from her perspective. She knows that the majority of those guy are not look for a gf. They are you typical lounge guy lookin to get laid, and she knows that. But if you ask her out on a date, she will know your motives are honest, because she knows you are not that type of guy lookin for his own self interests. You don't know until you try. This girl is waiting for the right guy and who knows maybe that's you.

She knows these guys are nothing. If she's been hit on as much as you say, then she knows how the whole game goes, and doesn't take their flirtations as anything more than them trying to rack up more points in the female department.

Since you've known her for so long, and have actually gotten to know you, she'll view you differently because you seem genuine in your interest.

I am not afraid of rejection, cause if she says no, it's her loss, I have gained enough confidence to think that way.

If you really had as much confidence as you're suggesting, you'd have asked her out already. You don't need to have the delusional "it's her loss" attitude. All you need to do is be yourself, and not care about the outcome. Women respond much better to someone that seems interested but not invested, rather than someone who has been staring at her from the corner for 2 years, without speaking. I only make mention of that to deter you from bringing up how long you've liked her in your initial conversation with her.

Some of the things which I hear, from friends and family are just insane. For example I have a cousin who is 20, she's average looking and one time it cropped out in conversation that on average 10-12 guys ask for her number every day, my jaws dropped, asked a couple of other females who said the same. So I asked how do you tell which ones are genuine and which are not, the response 99% of not genuine, but the ones who are genuine you can tell from their body language and their tone.

I can't be bothered with this whole asking out and dating procedure. I'm of asian background myself and culturally and religiously, we have arranged marriage, I'll leave it to my family to pick some girl for me.

Anyways I thank you for the replies, but the main issue or question I had was how can you give the impression you're not a desperate guy like the many who I am describing.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You have just majorly contradicted yourself. You want to ask this girl out, you ask us how. Then you say I'm asian my parents will find me a wife.

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    Women respond much better to someone that seems interested but not invested, rather than someone who has been staring at her from the corner for 2 years, without speaking. I only make mention of that to deter you from bringing up how long you've liked her in your initial conversation with her.
    I am not going to go up to her, although I think she is one fine young lady and has many positive attributes going, I just don't want to now, she's a bit too responsive to the guys, although I am sure she never says yes or flirts with them, she's a bit too friendly with them. Thanks for your reply BackUp.

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    You have just majorly contradicted yourself. You want to ask this girl out, you ask us how. Then you say I'm asian my parents will find me a wife.
    Yes it is, there's a lot on my mind at the moment, I suppose coming online and just typing out some of my thoughts is slightly better than keeping these views locked up. But there are countless threads about people just like me, who are confused about what to do.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    pick an ugly chick, they barely get approcahed.

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    pick an ugly chick, they barely get approcahed.
    Wow. That's really gonna help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I'm the real Sexy Chunk.

who are those guys

Seriously weak dude.

I am 19, Asian and I never had a girlfriend but guess what? I don't care.

If I like a chick, I'm going to go up to her and ask her out. If she says yes? Sweetness. She thinks I'm just some player? Cool, bigger props to me cause I'm just going to go up to sluttier girls and hit them up. Show them what's up.