+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why do people kiss?

Quote Originally Posted by Gratedwasabi View Post
    Also, if kissing is anything like "wiping ones mouth with a drool soaked towel" you're doing it very, very, very wrong.
    Hah thats probably true. I was just trying to make up an analogy between kissing and masturbation and thats the best I came up with.

Kissing is really awesome. I would also choose kissing over sex. There's something very existential and in a way theological. I look at it from a scientific/astrological point of view. The chance of human life existing in the universe is 1/more than the number of atoms in the universe. So given those odds, the odds that human life has progressed and evolved in the exact way to get to conscious decision making is also astronomical. Then add the odds that every single generation of both your own family and his/her family made the exact connections needed to create you and your boyfriend/girlfriend then add the odds that you and your boyfriend/girlfriend will fall for one another. The number is outrageous and scientifically impossible. And if you don't believe in science, then think about it like fate. Then kissing is just the existential symbol of those ridiculous odds. It's spiritual. It's a warm feeling and it's a happy feeling. It's more emotional than physical stimulation. It's not a matter of "feeling good" physically, even though me, and most people, like the way it feels. It's a good feeling emotionally and spiritually.

I'm not spiritual, so I couldn't grasp most of your post but thanks for replying

I love kissing my girlfriend. Absolutely love it. To me, there's nothing like it. You can't have sex whenever, but you can kiss whenever. Kissing is just so passionate. Not to mention when you get the hands involved. My girl loves it when we're making out and I squeeze her butt. I love it when she gives my bottom lip a tug or when she gets on top and we start grinding while making out.

I love the build-up in kissing. It gets more and more intense. To me, sex is great, but, and maybe this is my lack of a ton of experience in the field, there isn't a ton of build-up. It's the end game. Kissing is such a build.

Kissing is hands down my favourite thing to do with another women. Can't explain why but it just is.

If faced with the ultimatum I'd choose kissing over sex any day.

Don't analyse it so much OP. Just try it for yourself.
    What age are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    So, women need kissing to become aroused? The sight of attractive body or a pretty face is usually enough for me
    No. Women who don't view their vagina as a monetary investment portfolio LOVE to be kissed.
    Women who have had more partners than a fortune 500 company marketing firm view kissing as "personal" and only need $$$ to get aroused.

A lusting women simply needs an attractive man to take his index and middle finger, lick them with his saliva and rub and Bam (like Emeril) instant arousal.

Why would you? Isn't sex just as emotional and intimate as kissing or even more so? Then there is the intense pleasure you get. I have always felt that sex is the ultimate way of showing affection. It's a bit hard for me to compare as I haven't experienced either, but I have never had the desire to kiss someone I've had a crush on.
    Different strokes for different folks.
    Since you are a bit new to this game...here's some great advice.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, right/wrong/indifferent. An opinion is like faith. It doesn't need logic/empirical data to prove its merits/existence.
    There is nothing wrong with disagreeing with someone else's opinion. Just don't denigrate their character when doing so. Be respectful.
    Some members here don't know how to do this yet. And the same can be said with your peers/colleagues/acquaintances.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedAnswers View Post
    Don't analyse it so much OP. Just try it for yourself.
    What age are you?
    I will. As soon as I find a girl who is attracted to me I thought it would be usefull to make some sense of it in the mean while.
    I'm 24.

Quote Originally Posted by SelflessnHumble View Post
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, right/wrong/indifferent. An opinion is like faith. It doesn't need logic/empirical data to prove its merits/existence.
    True, true. Still, rational people base their opinions on logical arguments and many of them love to share their reasoning just as much as their opinions. 'Why' is just so much more interesting than 'what', 'who' or 'when'. In fact, that's what this topic is about. I'm not asking "Do people prefer kissing?".

Quote Originally Posted by SelflessnHumble View Post
    There is nothing wrong with disagreeing with someone else's opinion. Just don't denigrate their character when doing so. Be respectful.
    Some members here don't know how to do this yet. And the same can be said with your peers/colleagues/acquaintances.
    I agree. Due to lack of experience I can't form a well informed opinion on the topic at hand. That's why I try not to disagree with anyones opinion in this thread. But I don't want to just know peoples opinions. I want to understand them.

Have I been disrespectful? I'm sorry if I have, I didn't mean it.

Thanks for replies guys.

True, true. Still, rational people base their opinions on logical arguments and many of them love to share their reasoning just as much as their opinions. 'Why' is just so much more interesting than 'what', 'who' or 'when'. In fact, that's what this topic is about. I'm not asking "Do people prefer kissing?".

I agree. Due to lack of experience I can't form a well informed opinion on the topic at hand. That's why I try not to disagree with anyones opinion in this thread. But I don't want to just know peoples opinions. I want to understand them.

Have I been disrespectful? I'm sorry if I have, I didn't mean it.

Thanks for replies guys.
    (1) Rational people just like emotional people are great to talk to!
    -The only issue is when the emotional people take what you say on a "personal" level <-----this sucks!

(2) I love your initiative in wanting to understand why people do what, where and how...Very observant of you!
    (3) You haven't been disrespectful, if you couldn't tell by my tone: "people" do this (generalization) and while

everyone is different...the masses have similar opinions formed due to their environment, programming
    and are told what they should like based on the limited choices they are subjected to (not you) I don't know you and you seem a decent fellow...Conversely people who don't conform to conventional wants/needs
    as the masses do are likely to be considered "weird" and sometimes alienated from their peers.

If you haven't kissed someone you don't know what you're missing OR what you should be thankful you aren't
    It depends on you not on other people's advice because truth is self evident: meaning until you walk
    the same path -your interpretation remains clear -and open.

kissing is amazing! you've never had the urge to kiss a pretty girl not even once?!

Nope. Not even the girl that I had a huge crush on a few months back. I would have kissed her though if she had been interested in me at all. Just because of the assumption that she would have expected/wanted that.

hmmm well your time will come, and you'll see why it's so great I've kissed lots of people, some I've had strong feelings for, some I didn't feel anything for at all. some people take it very seriously and only kiss those they love or care about, but throughout my now 8 years of kissing, I just did it when I felt it was right. whether it was just for a hookup, or someone I cared alot about, it was in the moment and felt right so I took the chance!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12