+ Follow This Topic

Thread: wrong time of the year

wrong time of the year

So what do you do when you're all alone on this holiday, with nothing but memories of what was? I thought i was over being depressed since i went through this same crap after my ex broke off our relationship. But it just kind of hit me lately... the lonliness and i've been trying to keep myself busy but idk nothing fills that empty void like having a loved one to share your time with. I was wondering is it just the holidays that have me down? Is anyone feeling this sadness now that im feeling?

tell me about it. my ex and i had plans to spend the christmas weekend with each other's families for the second straight year. she dumped me the second week of december rather abruptly with no warning signs. she made no mention of wanting to see other people, but i found out she started seeing someone a day after we broke up (he was probably a strong motivator for her to breakup). it also doesn't help me to know they continue to desire each other's presence on a regular basis.

i honestly thought i would spend the rest of my life with this girl. she knows that i'm a good guy...maybe too good and that's probably what scared her away. she wasn't ready for commitment. she'd rather be single, experience as much as she can, then settle down. but i'm certainly not going to be around when she's done.

right now i'm just trying to get by and move on. i'm not sure if i can start dating again yet because my head is not right and i don't know if i'm ready to open my heart again. just need to find someone who knows what they want.

My ex dumped me on Monday and found out he had someone else the next day, we were together for 1.5 years and he met this person less than two weeks go. Now they've moved in with each other. Yeah, it hurts a lot and well just gotta move on. We were friends for about a year, before we started dating so I feel like our friendship was nothing in his eyes. So gotta accept that fact and move on.

It's been a long time since I was in this kind of pain during the holidays, but I remember the experience. Some suggestions:

1. Do some volunteer work. You will meet nice people and feel good about yourself.
    2. Go to an animal shelter and adopt a pet. Take care of your pet and you will gain a daily source of affection.
    3. Rent comedy DVDs. Work your way though the freaking comedy shelves at the video store if necessary.
    4. Seek out and talk to old friends and family.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

You are not alone Matt347. I am feeling exactly the same way... sad, hurt, and alone. The intensity of the sadness is stronger this time of the year, this season. I do hope it'll get better once the new year begins.

I believe that positive thinking goes a long way. If you truly believe things will get better, it most certainly will! It's just a matter of staying strong and weathering it out with a smile on your face. There are some many out there going through the same thing you are, but i think this is the season for change. In the new year, convince yourself to move on, work on yourself and become a grander and grander version of who you were...then the possibilities will become limitiless ((hugs)) for everyone going through the rough times this season.