+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boots -- Fras, I'm looking at you

I agree black or brown shoes are a better idea. Do they have those shoes you posted in black or brown instead of grey?

Myself I tend to not match my shoes to what I'm wearing, black shoes are the norm for me. I don't have the time or money to match from head to toe. I'm not 1 for outlandish colored shoes anyway, not that grey is a outlandish color mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Thanks for being the first female with useful advice, babe. Out of curiosity, what does go with gray?

See, I have brown shoes. Really I want something to go with my black jacket. But I actually like my brown jacket way better, so it's difficult for me to justify something that I'll only wear with my crappier jacket. Yet I need the variety said crappier jacket provides. So I'm up shit creek.

And I freely admit I'm completely color blind. I haven't got even the faintest clue outside of the most garishly mismatched colors. I'm completely baffled when it comes to color matching.
    blue, purple, and black are good colors to go with gray.

black shoes and brown shoes will go with pretty much everything you have. you just have to label them lol. i also see a lot of guys wearing blue pants and they think they're black and so everything else is out of whack.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

maybe your sister can take you clothes shopping. or a female friend.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah, I can't tell the difference between black or navy blue. I even had a pair of shoes I thought were black but apparently they were a very dark brown.

See, I don't have any lady friends I'm not trying to bone, so I need to be dressed right from the start, and my sis is too young to give me accurate advice. I'd definitely look like a high school kid if I went with her suggestions. Bah. I'll probably settle for boring old black shoes.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's come to my knowledge that boots are all the rage now, along with the rugged militant look and plaid.

That's all shit I was sporting when I was in junior high when it wasn't cool.

My, how the tables have turned.

Anyway, Doc Marten have a lot classy styles, but you'll be paying around 100 bucks or more, and they tend to be pretty comfortable. I don't know whether or not you care about "quality".

[url=http://www.drmartens.com/ProductList.asp?Story=mens&type=All]Men's[/url]

Everything from the most rugged militant/work wear type styles, to the more chic-I'm-a-little-gay-and-you-know-it, styles.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

I bought these for 60 bucks. They're in the "industrial" section which means they're literally built for work situations. Downside is, with the steel toe they're heavy. However, I can wear them with most any outfit.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    for men i don't like anything wil laces
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    for men i don't like anything wil laces
    That's because you like gay men.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    muhahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Gribble, if you post photos of your bare feet it'd really help .. us to help you.

And no, I'm not wearing pants right now. Why do you ask?

YOU BOUGHT STEEL TOED BOOTS FOR REGULAR WEARING? LOL. Just wanna be prepared in case you have to crack nuts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratedwasabi View Post
    Gribble, if you post photos of your bare feet it'd really help .. us to help you.

----------------
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Oh yeah. Oh. Oh that's nice. That's really nice.

Shoes, huh? I wear some fancy leather shoes that look like bowling shoes, only thing my most-dreaded of ex's ever bought me. Ecco. They look goofy but SO COMFORTABLE and it makes me feel like I'm walking on her face every day. <3

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratedwasabi View Post

And no, I'm not wearing pants right now. Why do you ask?

YOU BOUGHT STEEL TOED BOOTS FOR REGULAR WEARING? LOL. Just wanna be prepared in case you have to crack nuts?
    They were 60 dollars and they didn't have the casual ones in stock.

For half the price I would have paid were I to seek out the other ones, I'd say I made out.

In any case, I'm accustomed to carrying heavy gear, a few extra ounces on my feet ain't gonna kill me.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post

----------------
    fett like that require gladiator sandals.

I agree with nixing the gray shoes... they are nice, but you can't wear them with enough stuff. Also, I like thicker soles on men's shoes. Maybe you want to look at some black leather boots?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've always felt that the clothes don't make the man. Clothes make the pussy look like a man.

Anyway, this shit gives me a goddamn headache. It never ends. I've been struggling to grasp fashion since I asked my first girl out. You know, I only notice what a woman is wearing if it's particularly tight or skimpy. She would have to be wearing something truly awful for me to be put off by her outfit. And hell, if she was barefoot I probably wouldn't even notice. I get shit all the time for focusing on a woman's physical attributes. How come women don't get shit for obsessing over clothes?

Anyway, this is pretty much my style:

That's what I wear in the winter. I would say chicks can **** off if they don't like it, but my personal view on style doesn't really matter. I think suits and ties look absurd and I think anyone who willingly wears a tie is the biggest idiot on the ****ing planet, but I still put one on to get paid. Likewise, I'll wear almost anything if it gets me laid. Small price to pay. I just don't think dressier clothes are a good fit for someone like me. I can only bend my character so far. I'm not dandified and I don't look right dressed like a dandy. If that somehow means I'm less of an adult, I can't really fathom how, but fine. I can't change that any more than I can change the color of my skin.

So what shoes would you suggest for the above? And is the above appropriate for a casual date? Screw black and gray. I guess I'll go with brown again.

My dad gave me a pair of these:

Last edited by Gribble; 29-12-10 at 06:39 AM.
    -Mark Twain

-Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast