+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Your opinion on a few odd things

Your opinion on a few odd things

In this thread I'll be asking about things that I find perplexing. I'm posting it here because I'm most interested in womens opinions but men are free to give theirs. Not that would be anything stopping them

What's the deal with high heels? They look very uncomfortable. Why do women use them?

Why do people buy flowers to their loved ones? Yes, I get that buying flowers is commonly considered affectionate, but why do flowers have such status?

What's the deal with women and shiny things? Most men don't seem to wear jewelry (Engagement ring does not count). Well, most out of normal people. That excludes rappers and people who drive sports cars. On the other hand quite a lot of women do wear some sort of rings, necklaces, bracelets or ear danglies.

I may follow up with more questions later.

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    In this thread I'll be asking about things that I find perplexing. I'm posting it here because I'm most interested in womens opinions but men are free to give theirs. Not that would be anything stopping them

What's the deal with high heels? They look very uncomfortable. Why do women use them?
    They are horribly uncomfortable from every thing I've ever heard. It's about being sexy. Ever look at a chick's legs and ass while she's wearing heels? Yeah, join the club; it accentuates the muscle structure of the leg and glutes, making them look uber sexy. Plus women have a thing about height and love to be as tall as possible.
    What's the deal with women and shiny things? Most men don't seem to wear jewelry (Engagement ring does not count). Well, most out of normal people. That excludes rappers and people who drive sports cars. On the other hand quite a lot of women do wear some sort of rings, necklaces, bracelets or ear danglies..
    Hahaha, it's just a way for them to be unique, I think. Lots of guys wear something now but it's generally a bit "taboo" for guys to wear jewelry besides one or two items, depending on the culture (some it's the exact opposite.)
    It stems from being a status thing. Showing off the money. Now it's more to show uniqueness and because women just like sparkly things. They're like cats. Some women feel very "plain" without makeup and jewelry, they feel like it makes them more attractive/noticeable/stand out. So uniqueness and not-feeling-plain.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratedwasabi View Post
    They are horribly uncomfortable from every thing I've ever heard. It's about being sexy. Ever look at a chick's legs and ass while she's wearing heels? Yeah, join the club; it accentuates the muscle structure of the leg and glutes, making them look uber sexy. Plus women have a thing about height and love to be as tall as possible.
    Hmm, I'm afraid I haven't noticed the sexiness boosting effect. Then again, I haven't had a good side by side comparison of a womans ass with and without heels
    Ahh, the height thing. Indeed, I learned in another thread of mine that some women see tallness as a sign of power. I'm not so sure that men prefer taller women in general though.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I am a relatively tall woman (5'8"), and I can tell you for sure, not all women want to be as tall as possible. I wish I were 2 inches shorter.

The rest of it - well, obviously, they are sexy.

As for the flowers - the are beautiful, and women like beautiful things.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I am a relatively tall woman (5'8"), and I can tell you for sure, not all women want to be as tall as possible. I wish I were 2 inches shorter..
    Really? That's literally the first time I've ever heard that! Although I do, personally, like women on the shorter side. I like wrapping my arms around a woman and having her head against my chest. Just seems like a good fit. (So at 6'0 that usually means 5'4-5'6 ish.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I would like to be able to wear high shoes, and still feel like a girl. Most men aren't tall enough for that.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

You don't feel like a girl if you appear too tall compared to your male company?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You don't feel like a girl if you appear too tall compared to your male company?
    I'm not too tall. THey are too short.

This is true. Don't worry, Vashy, I'd still have a couple on ya even if you were in heels.

Sorry, let me rephrase. You don't feel like a girl if your male company appears too short?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sorry, let me rephrase. You don't feel like a girl if your male company appears too short?
    Well, I definitely feel more girly if they are bigger than me.