+ Follow This Topic

Thread: To confront or not?

To confront or not?

I have solid proof that my boyfriend is lying and cheating but he denies it when I ask him about it. Should I confront him?

When you say solid proof, how solid is it

Quote Originally Posted by dan2k7 View Post
    Give more info would help so we can give advice
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Quote Originally Posted by dan2k7 View Post
    A copy of the email between him and the other woman, which he says he's not even been emailing any other women.

Towerskitten

Quote Originally Posted by mave View Post
    I have solid proof that my boyfriend is lying and cheating but he denies it when I ask him about it. Should I confront him?
    You should confront him but make sure you have very solid proof before doing it. My ex lied and cheated for years and because I loved him so much I chose to believe him. He eventually ran off with someone from work, and I am left with two children and wasted 11years ofn my life. Once a cheat always a cheat you need to find someone you can trust and not waste any precious time on a person who chooses to lie to you, believe me you are worth more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by mave View Post
    A copy of the email between him and the other woman, which he says he's not even been emailing any other women.
    Well, he has definitely lied to you about not emailing any other woman but I have to ask *how* you
    were able to read his private and confidential email? Did you hack into his account?

Either way how do you know he is cheating?
    You should definitely confront him BUT you don't act crazy, yelling, belligerent like you're on the Maury show, k?
    You sit him down, and look him in the eye and don't ask questions where he is able to lie about it.
    Liars tend to think the person accusing them are stupid so unless he KNEW you knew? He would keep denying it.

He isn't a good man to have in your life no matter his excuse.
    Liars turn into other things.

Sit him down and tell him: (in a calm tone)
    "You know I love you, and only you...would you tell me you were cheating on me? Would you tell me you were talking to another girl behind my back?"

Then say:
    I'm going to give you one minute to think about what I've just said (pay attention to his eyes...are they shifting?)
    "I expect you to be honest with me because I deserve to know the truth."

IF he still lies to you about it?
    Confront him (with a print out) and gently put it on the table you're sitting at.
    Then say, "So...how do you explain this?"

Be prepared for him to:
    -invalidate your feelings by saying "oh her...that's nothing." because he still LIED straight to your face.
    -DENY it saying his friend used his email to write a girl (based on another LIE)

Should all of this prove unsuccessful grab her email addy...
    Make a fake account (so that she can't bother you) and politely write her your feelings.
    Ask her when they met, what are they doing, does she know he is taken?
    She might not know so you can't fault her for that.
    In any event he has demonstrated he does NOT respect you and should be kicked to the curb.

Why don't you just leave him?

You just described him as a 'lier and a cheater'. Why do you expect him to come clean and tell the truth now? Lying is what cheaters do.

Stop torturing yourself over this!!! Even if you show him the email he will make up some excuse on 'you are misreading it' or try to turn the table on you to make you the bad one thus you deserved to be cheated on by saying 'you are the bad one for snooping'. Or are you hoping when you show him the letter that he will beg for forgiveness, or actually ahve a valid excuse, so you can take him back? Or are you hoping that a person who lies and cheats does have a conscience, and he will feel incredibly bad? Stop dreaming and dump him!!!

Make a graceful exit, don't burn bridges or give him a story to tell his friends about his ex psycho girlfriend. Leave with no explanation and cut off all contact.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why would you bother giving him another opportunity to lie even more? Just accept that he is a liar, or break up with him.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?