+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What's wrong with me?

What's wrong with me?

I was rejected by a man my sister friended on myspace---long story short... he quit contacting me. Then, I get yelled at by a guy when I was caling to see if the manager had reviewed my job application because I called at the time when they were busy (something I hadn't thought about). He was like...we're busy call back around 2 and 4pm bye! He hung up and was super mean-- I was sooo hurt. I knew in my mind that if we were dating that's the way he'd treat me (probably never call like previous guy and be mean). Thirdly: I met this guy online and I don't have a cell phone anymore so I had to wait until my sister got minutes on her cell phone and this guy I met online left a couple of voicemails and I didn't want him giving me his phone number so I gave him my sisters. I ended up calling my sisters guy friend and made a fool of myself by being like hey-- is this zach (online guy) and I said this this is Ashley and he was like are you my friends sister and I thought to myself sisters friend? Then I hung up and found out it wasn't Zach's number. My sisters guy friend was just like the guy my sister introduced to me through myspace he was very quiet, short responses to my questions and he could barely understand me like the first guy. What's going on?

I can hardly understand your post and what are the problems....what's wrong is that you are all over the map.

My problem

What I'm asking is: what am I doing wrong when I'm talking to guys on the phone and they barely talk and only give short answers to my questions? Like, I'll be all excited and confident when I call a guy and then the guy is all quiet, can hardly understand me and doesn't talk much and it gets totally awkward and there'll be awkward silences.

Yep, I think if I had a phone conversation with you it would be similar. Here on this board, your typed story and questions are confusing. You need to work on being more precise and specific.

Excited and confident can't compensate for poor communication skills. Talk to some of your friends, ask them if they can understand you? If so, are you different around the friends than when talking to guys? If no, ask for some help.

I think the guys just aren't interested in you (the ones that you are meeting). I'm not sure if seeking love online is a good idea. I've done that many times and they all turned out bad. I think online dating works for some people, but it's usually just luck.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.