+ Follow This Topic

Thread: New here (slightly depressed male virgin...24 going on 25)...read my story and reply?

New here (slightly depressed male virgin...24 going on 25)...read my story and reply?

before i share my story, i'd like to post a few pics of myself just to get rid of the anonymity

[url]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs351.ash2/63097_578681425796_17501477_33104654_1452119_n.jpg[/url]

[url]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v65/21/16/17501477/n17501477_30450009_1935.jpg[/url]

[url]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs472.snc3/25894_555171784306_17501477_32428494_6236152_n.jpg[/url]

and now before i expose my personality more, i'd like to point out that i'm athletic...i played football in my HS and college years (it messed up my knees somewhat)...now i do boxing (training and all out sparring for now...if i get good i might do some small fights), and lift weights...i'm a pretty strong kid...in boxing they say that i punch really hard, but need to work on my movements so i dont get hit in the head as much lol...

now to get to the real story...

i guess i just signed up for this forum bc i was feelin a bit down about being a virgin...mainly bc 2010 is almost over, and i'm turning 25 in a month and few days...my background...i'm an electrical engineer...i went to a really good science and engineering school called RPI (which was sadly 75% male...and my major was even worse...like 90 guys to 1 girl lol)...and back in HS i was very shy with girls...and college definitely didn't help...i guess all those jokes about RPI being extremely dorky, a tough school, and not having any girls were fun to laugh at back in the day...but now its just depressing as i'm getting older and its even worse in the working world (a boring engineering firm where everyone around me is a 65 year old man)...now i'm applying to MS / PhD programs in EE so i can at least work my brain and do something with that...

so i resort to online dating...and i meet a good number of girls, but it just seems that i can't keep anyone's interest...i've been trying it for so long, and NOTHING ever works out for me...there's always one reason in the end that screws me over...it almost feels like a puzzle with the last missing piece being the one that kills off any potential relationship with EVERY girl i meet...some examples...

i'm from boston...drove to NYC to meet a girl...turned out to be a fake...boy did i learn some lessons there...

one really attractive girl i went out with...first date went really well...we made out...turned out i was a rebound guy right after a 3-year relationship...when her ex called she went right back to him...

after talking to a girl for a month...i met up with her...she said she thought i'd be taller (even though i told her my height many times)...

another girl who thought i was attractive...she wouldn't stop talking about herself EVER...i kinda liked it...but it was hard to pay attention to everything and she got annoyed at me when i forgot details...i asked her out on a real date after hanging out with her a few times and she pretty much rejected me bc of that...

then i've also had girls who were into me, but sadly i didn't see them as anymore than friends...=/

i guess social awkwardness is part of who i am...i'm really really good at math (always got 99th percentile in the math part of every standardized test i took in school, got a perfect 800 on the SAT and GRE math, tutor math to kids, and solve semi-olympiad, and the occasional US Math Olympiad, level math problems for fun in my spare time)...but am very absent minded, a bit weird, quirky, scatterbrained, a bit socially clueless (dont get me wrong...i have some close friends and i do love to go out sometimes...esp in NYC), and have ADD...my friends joke about me possibly having mild autism...my best friend says i'm the most eccentric person he knows...but almost anybody would say that i'm one of the nicest, most real people around...

i've had one gf before...this was when i was around 21 - 22...lasted about 6 months...i miss that sometimes...=/...i'm also a pretty bad flirt...
    Last edited by wearymachine; 30-12-10 at 12:59 PM.

Sounds like you're a stand up guy, and from what I hear its the women you date that are horrible. Don't worry, there's literally many many fish in the sea, just keep searching and you'll get past all of the jumbo shrimp, hammer heads, and crabs and you'll find your own rainbow fish. You're not ugly either so it's only a matter of time before you're pushing the financial extents of your high paying job to scrounge for condoms NEVER give up!
    Last edited by esc4ever; 30-12-10 at 04:23 PM.