+ Follow This Topic

Thread: dump or pretend its okay ?

dump or pretend its okay ?

Alright so I'm 16 and my girlfriend is around the same age as me, we've haven't been dating for too long.
    Its New Years Eve, at first she said she would go with me, i was really keen to give her that midnight kiss, then a day later she said she can't make it because of her dad.. a day after that she said she can come but just not to the city to watch the fireworks just to her local area to catch a movie or so, New Years Eve came her friend told me that she couldn't make it.. all the plans i had was ruined. I was planning to go with her to her local area and spend time with her now i have no idea what to do since i didn't accept any other plans i got invited to because i thought that i would spend it with her.

This isn't the first time it has happened, it happened before, she was playing COD.. the whole night and she fell asleep during the day that we were suppose to meetup. She said shes really sorry that she couldn't come and she fell asleep because of her allnighter playing cod..

I'm not too sure what i should do.. should i pretend its alright and move on or should i leave her. We haven't been dating for too long and i feel that events like these may re-occur a few times.

Well let me explain. There is this thing called expectations. Everyone has an idea what they expect in a relationship. You expect her to be more available to you, rather than playing videos, etc. In your eyes your expectations are not being met. This is what dating is all about....seeing you are a match and that means having the same expectations..or what is called being on the same page. It's not working dude, and yes it will keep happening, so ya I suggest you find someone that is more suitable to your needs.

Well COD is fun and she doesn't care much about being with you, as said before it will happen again she will find a bunch of stupid excuses everytime you want to go out.
    That's why being a man sucks sometimes, you just have to accept this kind of behaviour.
    "E ao imenso e possível oceano
    Ensinam estas Quinas, que aqui vês,
    Que o mar com fim será grego ou romano:
    O mar sem fim é português."

You're only 16. You don't need a relationship. You're too young.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Dump her - she obviously cares for you a lot less than you care for her