+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I wasting My Time

Am I wasting My Time

I have been talking to this guy for 2 months and we have been out 4 times because we both work crazy schedules. We always have a good time and have told each other that we like one another. I really wanted to spend New Years with him, but instead he spent it with his friends. Am I wrong in thinking that he should have invited me out and to spend New Years with me or am I crazy.

Thanks

You have only been out 4 times. I don't know whether you have kissed, called each other boyfriend/girlfriend. So it really depends on the state of your 'relationship' - if it's not serious (and if you can't manage more than 4 dates in 2 months then it doesn't sound serious) then he does not have to feel obliged to spend New Years Eve with you

Quote Originally Posted by Allie1120 View Post
    I have been talking to this guy for 2 months and we have been out 4 times because we both work crazy schedules. We always have a good time and have told each other that we like one another. I really wanted to spend New Years with him, but instead he spent it with his friends. Am I wrong in thinking that he should have invited me out and to spend New Years with me or am I crazy.
    Talking to this guy=no commitment.
    Going out 4 times=no commitment.

Unless you gave it up within that timeframe you should not have these expectations of this guy.

However consider that he did not include you in celebrating the New Year.
    Make no mistake: He simply did not want you there period.
    If he had wanted you there: he would have invited you.
    There is no gray area here and most people would rather lie than tell you the cold hard truth.

Telling someone that you like them is cute but based on your posts: nothing has been established.

Taking responsibility is key here so before you blame him for not inviting you: say to yourself:
    "hmmm, the last time we spoke before New Years Eve was (insert day here) and I don't remember asking him what
    his plans were for New Year's Eve.
    (Being busy is not an excuse) We make time for those who are important to us.

You're not crazy.
    Just misguided which is largely based on your inability to articulate how you feel and
    for your failure to effectively communicate what your intentions/expectations were.

Next time be clear (concise) and communicate what you want.
    Women swear that men are mind readers and seem to get "upset" when something (that they did not make any effort to convey)
    doesn't go their way. Take responsibility for this by being thorough and communicative.

Your Future will thank you for it!