+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do I find more attractive people?

How do I find more attractive people?

I've been single for a while now. We'll leave it at that. Until recently, I always presumed it had something to do with me. I wasn't manly enough, nice enough, too nice, outgoing enough, etc.

I'm starting to look back, and basically, I just wasn't around many attractive people. Basically the attractive ones weren't around all that often. Last girl I had anything with was actually one of the few cases. Her older brother thought I was kinda cool, then when she came in as a freshman, I found her attractive and was chatting with her a bit and it just kinda worked. Since then, The case has usually been that I meet a girl in some random band gig or meeting of sorts, we get along, enough for me to establish that I'm attracted, then they end up being from another school, or some sort of incompatible hogwash. Hard to describe specifically, they're sort of "you had to be there" moments.

Here's a better example. Took a Calc II exam last semester. Afterward, I was talking to a guy about how the test went and a girl from the class had joined in later. The guy left, but me and the girl were talking about school, then science and whatnot. Had a good long discussion and I though we kinda clicked, but that was, like, at the end of the semester and she was in the class at a different time.

But yeah, in college, a good majority of my friends are girls, but none of the are really too attractive. And when one IS attractive, there's usually some way pushes them away. Either that, or it's my own stupidity for not grabbing a number when I had the chance haha

Kinda sucks, too, because instead of being mildly attracted to quite a few girls, I'm deeply attracted to one distant one. I'd obviously prefer the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathanese View Post
    The case has usually been that I meet a girl in some random band gig or meeting of sorts, we get along, enough for me to establish that I'm attracted, then they end up being from another school, or some sort of incompatible hogwash.
    What does being from another school have to do with anything? Are you just letting girls go because it's not easy enough? You can't just sit back and expect a relationship to fall in your lap, you have to actually do things to make it happen.

Anyway, how to find more attractive people? Hm. Get involved with sports? At least sporty girls are normally fit. Join a frat so you can mingle with sorority chicks? Befriend hot guys and pick up their leftovers?

How attractive are you, by the way?

sadie_genie Guest
    Beauty is everywhere if you open your eyes.

Being a student ambassador and president of the international club, I always end up meeting all the foreign exchange students and become good friends with them... most of whom are women, most of whom are really attractive. I'm seeing a girl from Galicia right now. Of course she's from another uni, but I don't care. I figure, someday I'll end up with a foreign girl anyway because I don't like the girls around here in general.

There are all kinds of extracurricular activities at your campus and you have no excuse for not getting yourself involved and not meeting people.

After some thought, I think I know what your problem is. You use the word "Hogwash". Never do that again.

Okay, I'm kidding. However, please, never use that word seriously around a girl until you are at least 50.

One possible solution, you could become a photographer lol. Although, being one myself, I will tell you, most models are taken. And besides which, few are as beautiful as you think they are.

I love sadie_genie's response, by the way. Very true.