+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Being a dick over $2.00?

Being a dick over $2.00?

Ok, so how many would agree that $2.00 is a LOT of money? ..... Exactly, no one. However neither you, nor I would just give a stranger $2.00 for no reason. Anyway, I bought a laptop charger online over the holiday. I was out of town and didn't have mine handy, but the site said that their 90W charger was made for my model laptop. Ok, sold. I get home two days later and check the one that I already have, and it is 65W, not 90W. I email them, explain that there was misinformation on their site, which led me to order the wrong item. I then ask them to not ship the 90W, and ship the correct 65W charger, and if they had already shipped it I wanted them to generate a RMA number. They hadn't shipped it yet, but instead of shipping the correct charger they cancel the order and refund all but $2.00 saying that it is a cancellation fee. ???? So I email them a few times getting a different representative each time, and no one seems to grasp the notion that 1)their site information is wrong 2)I asked for the correct item not a refund 3)I am fine with a refund, but want all of my money 4)I saved them shipping costs by realizing their mistake ahead of time. Two people simply said that they "have to pay bank fees, sorry", and another guy said that I am being charged the fee because I cancelled it two days after I ordered. Thank God I payed using PayPal. I filed a dispute today, and will file a claim if they don't pay up. Its not the two dollars, its the principle involved. I'm not going to pay any amount of money because of someone else's inadequacies, ignorance, or failure to follow simple directions.

What is even more stupid is the fact that the correct 65W charger is sold on their site, but is said to specifically not work with the dv6000. I hate stupidity, but I hate when people stubbornly try to justify it or gloss over it even more.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No se amigo... I think I would give it a rest. I think it costs more to deal with it arguing and sending those e-mails(energy) plus electricity you pay when you're using the electronic devices to deal with it. I would agree if it would be at least dunno 10-20$ ,but 2 ... Ehh, imagine that you lost it on the street, I would do that and forget about the stuff. What you can do to recompensate this situation to yourself, you can now tell everybody, your friends,family, members of this forum, members of other forums and website that this website sucks and people shouldn't buy there. Even if one person decides to not buy there because of your message, it will be already your revenge.
    I wazzzz here

Sounds to me like you are doing the right thing in complaining about the $2. If they did that with all their misinformed information on their site, they make a ton of money off people.

My guy & I did somewhat similar to what you are doing. He went to our local bank on Sunday last week, he wanted to deposit some money & then take it out. Come to find out the ATM is "out of order". So the next bank branch is pretty far away & we don't have a car, so he went to a store & used their ATM. Got charged $1.75, wasn't even able to put in the money for deposit, only took out $20.

So I called the bank, complained about how their ATM doesn't work quite a bit, how since we didn't have a car, the next bank branch was near on to impossible to get to so we were forced to use another ATM, got the $1.75 charge for it as well. The manager reversed the $1.75 into the account & is now keeping a closer eye on the ATM as that's not the first time crazy stuff has happened to it. It may sound petty, but it's the principal of the thing, you know?

How much is your time worth?
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My time ,for example , is worth a lot In the same time I could have a nap or eat something or watch some tv series or hmmm study something

PS. If I would be with my bf at the time I could also have sex instead or some cuddling
    I wazzzz here

Typing an email takes all of about a minute to do, so I'm not really worried about the monetary value of a few minutes. Just like I told one of the guys, as it stands now I might as well have entered the site, and paid $2.00 for nothing. Had any of this been my fault I'd be fine with the fee, I'd even expect it. There again I explained that I am only requesting the money because the order was cancelled by them and due to their misinformation. I already know that if this ends up with me filing a claim that PayPal will likely rule in my favor, and I told them as much on the dispute form that I filed on PayPal's site. Tic toc until I get my money....with principle

Quote Originally Posted by Lovable View Post
    Sounds to me like you are doing the right thing in complaining about the $2. If they did that with all their misinformed information on their site, they make a ton of money off people.
    I'm pretty sure that they'd make way way more from sales profit margins and not losing customers than a supposed 'information scam' for pocket change. Nor would I bother with this since obviously it's not something that happens on a regular basis, so they don't have a particular course of action set up and will have to treat it as a cancellation.

Well I escalated the dispute to a claim and told my whole story again after CalCellular refused to pay again. This morning I got an email from the resolution center at PayPal saying that they offered to pay the $2.00. Boo ya. Mmmm mmmm, I love the smell of a principled win in the morning!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm sure that the guy at Paypal's "Resolution center" thinks like " OMG they pay me like shit so I would deal with a case for mother****ing 2 $!! I need to commit a suicide tonight"

LOL
    I wazzzz here

LOL, I'm sure they did, but I'll bet the guy who gets paid minimum wage to hand burgers through a drive through window says the same thing every night too.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Of course he doesn't. Imagine, he has Mc Menu's for FREEEEEEEEE. OMG , I would eat BicMacs all the time
    I wazzzz here

I frequently ask people who work at fast food establishments if they still eat the food. Almost all of them who have worked there for more than a few months say "no". I remember laughing really hard when I asked a woman at a donut shop if she still liked/ate donuts. She said "man, I can't even stand the smell of donuts anymore".

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I was working at ice cream shop . Everybody was saying " Oh my gosh, you need to eat all those ice creams all the time" . I said no, cause I actually don't like ice creams that much. What I was eating were hot waffles with cherries and cream OMG, I could eat it forever
    I was eating them everyday lol
    I wazzzz here

Good for you Ingoc...it's the principle of the thing.

I knew a lady that worked at Fanny May (chocolate company) for years. She said the same thing, that she couldn't even stand the smell of chocolate much less want to eat it.

A chocolate company named Fanny May? I'll bet their sales aren't too hot these days, for obvious reasons lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast