+ Follow This Topic

Thread: my ex girlfriend is back

my ex girlfriend is back

we were together for almost a year, then we split just over a year ago. the relationship was great. I think we both were young and got extreme with each other quickly. sending loads of time together at every opp. loved up and it was too much. we realised this together, we agreed to chill it for a week or two and then she said its over. it was sudden and hurt. I struggled more than I thought I would, at first we spoke briefly at the time but I never begged or made out as if it really bothered me because I'm scared to look upset and weak but I was.

It was hard, when we were together a year ago, I'd finished uni and was trying to back to my home town where she was. I'd met her in one of my visits home for the weekend. So it was distance relationship but we saw each other each week. I needed a job here but I was still based there. The split happened. Then I got my job back home ironically and now lots has changed in my life, I've a job I've always wanted, my own apartment I always said would be ideal and a car finally.

Loads has changed with her, shes got her own place and a better job and a car ha. I'm just trying to explain that once it was hard for us and now its so easy almost. Shes only down the road.

Shes been intouch and we met up, it was relaxed in the town, we drank and talked about happy things. We left and I knew I still really cared for her but I couldn't show it in case she knocked me back. Since I gave it few weeks and she got in touch again. She wanted to come see my place and she did today, it was great we laughed like old times and I realise I do miss her.
    I want too see more of her. Just need some advice of how to do this, how do I tell her I'd like to see her again?

Let's be clear, you don't just want to see her again. You want to start dating her again. And she will probably get the hint, if you invite her out soon. Go ahead and suggest something you can do together, and see what she tells.
    Not sure if such "back together" thing can work, but you can give it a go, but don't get too involved emotionally just yet. It is natural that you missed her and enjoy being with her now, be careful.

The only way to be sure that she knows you want to go out with her again is to ask her out. You may get hurt again though, so weigh that into your decision to ask her out.

And I agree with RockNRoll. If it hasn't worked before, it will make this time that much more difficult. You say other obstacles made things hard, but really those outside obstacles just created the excuses needed to end things. Now that things are "easier," you both will have to focus on the relationship, with any problems it has.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Maybe at that point of time both of you break up, the timing was not right. Now if there is a second chance, I wish you all the best. Go get her again only if you truly love her.

[URL="http://bit.ly/makingup3"]Free Video on relationship and love advice.[/URL]