+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to improve yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by pisces25 View Post
    I turned to Buddhism.
    How is that an improvement? lol.

Because I started seeing things for how they really are and was able to improve various aspects of my life by doing so, leading to an overall improvement in my state of mind.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Because I started seeing things for how they really are and was able to improve various aspects of my life by doing so, leading to an overall improvement in my state of mind.
    You can do that without taking on a religion...

I don't consider Buddhism to be a religion. But I don't mind if people do, everyone has different ideas of what constitutes religion. Besides, if someone finds strength in something and their life improves dramatically because of it who really cares where the source of that improvement came from?
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

I don't consider Buddhism to be a religion. But I don't mind if people do, everyone has different ideas of what constitutes religion. Besides, if someone finds strength in something and their life improves dramatically because of it who really cares where the source of that improvement came from?
    It is a religion whether you like it or not. It's not about "considering it one" or not, it is one by definition. And I don't care what the source of your improvement is, but I don't like it when people use religions as an excuse for anything, whether it's a good or a bad thing. Religions are just fairy tales, if you want to find your courage on them, go ahead, just don't try to get other people to do the same.

I didn't try to get anyone to do the same. Was simply just answering the OP's question like everyone else did.

B) I can relate to pisces25...
    Although I don't follow it strongly, when I started taking part in some religious events in my village years ago, I felt stronger inside.
    Never turned to it as a religion, but more like something I should experience and get involved in.
    I sometimes worry that if I go to the temple that I'd do something stupid, but just going kind of makes me stronger each time and that gives me the strength to learn to do things in the right way.

I guess when I feel stronger inside, I also strive to improve myself.
    -Any replies by me are purely my opinion and based on my experiences and inexperienced actions meaning some things I say are right and some are wrong. If it sounds like it, I am not giving a solution or answer to the problem. This is why I am not supposed to post on forums I read only from.

M.E.
    Kashan
    Rider Viper

My Sister Says: "You're moving on pretty fast."
    I say: "Would you prefer if I sit in a corner all day?"

what i am doing to get over my ex is write everything down. i have an iphone and i can type pretty fast with it. In my notes i reflect upon everything and have learned a lot about myself and i feel like im getting stronger day by day. if i feel down at some point in my day, i write about it. Why am i feeling down? cuz i miss her? cuz i keep thinking about her? what do i really miss about her?

i dont focus my writing entirely on the breakup otherwise ill never move on, but youll notice that in the beginning of your notes, a lot of it will have to do with your ex.. but if u continue, the notes will transition more towards other aspects of your life and various ways of improving it. Ive taken up volunteering in a youth mentoring program, i started hanging out with my family more, especially my cousins. I chill after work to have a couple beers with some friends from work. I'm starting to re-learn spanish. And will soon be taking on french. Ive changed my wardrobe and now i look so fly

Theres so much you can do. For me, it started with writing down how i felt and it turned to ways that i can be a better person.

PS read "awaking the giant within" by Anthony Robbins. You will never regret it.

i hope ive helped in some way

What I did was go to the nearest thrift store and buy some clothes that will make you feel good. I just did that recently and I cannot wait to wear it when I see my friends and AMAZE THEM!

Try to remember things that bothered you about them or the way they treated you as opposed to good things. Slowly but surely you'll start to loath them as they should be and you're half way there!
    "If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain"

Emily Dickinson

Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post
    It is a religion whether you like it or not. It's not about "considering it one" or not, it is one by definition. And I don't care what the source of your improvement is, but I don't like it when people use religions as an excuse for anything, whether it's a good or a bad thing. Religions are just fairy tales, if you want to find your courage on them, go ahead, just don't try to get other people to do the same.
    Maybe you should learn how to pick your battles.

Make new friends, go out,eat, drink and be happy.You can try some datingsites well to have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by mandym555 View Post
    Make new friends, go out,eat, drink and be happy.You can try some datingsites well to have fun.
    how do you make new friends? a lot of the people i meet in school are asses and some of them am not interested to hang out with..so right now my social life is crappy
    In love, there is no past tense. Its either you always will or you never did.

Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post
    So what, the truth is overrated. If someone believing in a fairy tale brings positive change to their life then it should be encouraged.

Heartache, the only thing you can really do is try and focus your thoughts elsewhere. Any kind of activity you always wanted to try but never got around to? Now is the perfect time. If you have absolutely no energy and can't bring yourself to do anything then it sounds like you have a bad case of depression and might want to seek therapy and medication, at least until you get over the slump you are in. No shame in it.

sadie_genie Guest
    If you find no motivation to improve yourself then perhaps you don't really want to improve or genuinely feel the need to. Just because your ex rejected you doesn't mean you are not good enough. He might just not have appreciated you. Improving yourself isn't the answer to everything. For some people it is because they feel that is what they need. But it doesn't mean it has apply to you. You might just need to find someone who loves you for who you are.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12