+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is it safe to trust?

Is it safe to trust?

I've been with my girlfriend for 6 months. I am really in love with her. About 3 months ago she kissed a guy that she had cheated on her last boyfriend with. She told me the next day and we worked through it... Then she tells me she emailed him recently... And that it was a mistake and she was really over him. So i did what your not supposed to and got into her email to see exactly when and what was said. I found many emails over the entire time we were together, of them expressing their love for each other... I confronted her, and she says its really in the past, and she wants to only be with me now. So she sends him and email explaining that she is ending the connection with him.

I'm so in love with her, so i give it a chance for a fresh start. The next day she tells me she is going to dinner with some guy, which after some talking I discover he is another guy she has "hooked up" with... She says there is nothing to worry about, but my stomach is in knots! I don't know if I'm just being overly jealous or if I'm being intuitive.... Is it safe to trust her? She says she only wants to be with me....

You are in love with a lying cheating, manipulative and disrespectful whore. (you're also disrespectful)
    On the same token...you are vastly insecure and are emotionally reactive to what a woman does or whom she decides to see.

In either case you will never win.
    If she had respected you she'd not have male friends who were once intimately involved with her.
    The fact she has no issue with this tells me that she isn't virtuous nor deserving of real love -from you.

A person should never be judged by her past HOWEVER her past paints a picture of intent.
    Who knows, in a few weeks she will have hung out with some other ex.
    In the end...if this bothers you -you need to address it- OR you are tacitly agreeing that what she does is A-OK with you!

I cannot say if it is safe to trust her, but really...LOOK at your post and reread it until you see what
    most everyone else CAN after reading that!!!
    Last edited by SelflessnHumble; 07-01-11 at 03:14 AM.

Ex's are ex's for a reason so if she wants to hang and email get rid of her
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Dump her now and never look back. Otherwise, prepare for pain. Also, I hope you've been using protection. Otherwise, get tested soon.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

If she cared for you she would stay loyal to you - obviously she doesn't really care for you. Dump her.

****ing bitch.
    leave her.
    she doesn't deserve anything more than a sign tied round her neck saying 'serial cheating slag'

...yeh. bad day so im being blunt, but seriously. move on.

Quote Originally Posted by SelflessnHumble View Post
    You are in love with a lying cheating, manipulative and disrespectful whore. (you're also disrespectful)
    On the same token...you are vastly insecure and are emotionally reactive to what a woman does or whom she decides to see.

In either case you will never win.
    If she had respected you she'd not have male friends who were once intimately involved with her.
    The fact she has no issue with this tells me that she isn't virtuous nor deserving of real love -from you.

A person should never be judged by her past HOWEVER her past paints a picture of intent.
    Who knows, in a few weeks she will have hung out with some other ex.
    In the end...if this bothers you -you need to address it- OR you are tacitly agreeing that what she does is A-OK with you!

I cannot say if it is safe to trust her, but really...LOOK at your post and reread it until you see what
    most everyone else CAN after reading that!!!
    Once again, SelflessnHumble has nailed it.

She's abusing you sexually by cheating on you (make no mistake, she is), and emotionally by lying to you and assuming you're stupid enough to believe her.

Hacking her email (or going through her phone, or checking her IM logs, etc.) is a form of abuse called "Isolation". You're also insecure. You appear to have reason to be insecure, in my not-so-humble opinion.

Why doesn't she stop messing you around (especially when you developed feelings for her) and go ahead with that guy she kissed/emailed?! she seems to be so into him, that it broke her previous relationship! Or maybe with the new guy, or someone else. Since you talked about the issue, and she doesn't seem to stop her behaviour, you need to take care of yourself.

It is not safe to trust her.

Quote Originally Posted by SelflessnHumble View Post
    Her past just won't stay in the past.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.