+ Follow This Topic

Thread: trying to understand true reason ex left me.. and how to get him back

trying to understand true reason ex left me.. and how to get him back

hello guys, thought you might be the right people to help me out here. My boyfriend of over a year left me last night. yet he couldnt really explain why and im rather confused.

we have a great relationship. hardly ever fought. he called me every single night to wish me sweet dreams. even when leaving me he couldnt deny he is still completely in love with me.

we are young, and in a long distance realtionship. i know the distance is hard on him. he also hates seeing me cry or hearing how much i miss him when are not together. my life is pretty planned out, but he has alot ot figure out and i think he wants space to figure out on his own. hes also very insecure, and has always worried hes not good enough for me and that im turning down men who could make me happier becuase im tied up with im.

the reason he kept giving me that he cant handle hurting me anymore. he doesnt want to hurt me anymore. he loves me, so he cant hurt me. i assume hes referring to the distance. it dosnt make sence. hes th nicest guy i ever met.

am i just kidding myseld here that he doesnt really want to be broken up? that if i give him space, stop talking for a few weeks, then give him a casual call to see how hes doing he might realize how much he misses me and want me back?

also, what complimcates things is what happened after we 'broke up'. I wrote him a hundred reasons he lvoes me confident he would take me back. didnt work. so i asked him to make love to me one more time. it was great, and wasnt the last time that night at all. but it didnt work. after i got dressed and started packing, i broke down. this is what gets me. sex is just sex, im not kidding myself here. but he held my hand as i cried over him for hours and hours, and even though e has work in morning stayed throught the night just olding me, listening to me rant, telling me id be strong and be alright. no man would do that for you if i doesnt love you, would he?

so where do i go from here? im about to be half way across the country. i messed up infront of him when he left me. i told him i loved him, i would wait, i knew he would come back. but ive sucessfully cut contact since i left.

how do i win him back? do you think he does still love me?

your help would be greatly appreciated

You are young and in a long distance relationship - it won't work. Find somebody who lives in the same town as you. You know, then you can hold hands with them, kiss them etc instead of wasting your life talking on the phone or on MSN

thank you for your advice..im not sure if you realie, however, the extent to which is is long distance as a colege student. i have a four month summer, a moth wither break, and breaks troughout the year, making it slightly less than half the year during wich i am able to be with him. i also only have till may 2012 when i graduate.

the long distance is hard, but it doesnt seem reason to me to give up.

its part of the issue, but i dont think its the deciding factor. it seems like there should be soemting i can do other than wait to graduate before trying.

Why not ask him if he really loves you. Maybe he want out because he was tied up with you and cant take long distance relationship. Men do have needs itself. Sorry for being rude. Maybe your boyfriend wants this because we want himself a freedom.