+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confused on what I should do..

Confused on what I should do..

I've met this girl about 2 years ago who at the time had a bf. We've had a growing friendship throughout the course of those to years until this present day. Now she doesn't have a bf, they've been broken up for a a bit more than a year.

We go to public places together such as coffee shops, we've had sushi, she invited me to go with her to target one time too. We talk about almost everything. I kind of feel like we really open ourselves up to each other and share our personal thoughts + vulnerabilities.

In the past - (Months ago) - I've tried to step things up to another level. I surprised her with flowers on valentines day. I even went to kiss her one time in her car but I got the cheek hard!! lol

Recently though she's been saying things like, "For example if we were together...", "I want to be with someone who I'm best friends with". Also she's been telling me how she just wants to be with just one guy etc..

I do like her. It'd be a lie if I said I don't feel something for her. She's beautiful, and I think that she shows me a side of her that not many people see.

Sometimes I think I'm a fool for thinking about the possibility of being together because we've never been anything more than friends.

I've told myself in the past to only view her as a friend because of failed attempts at trying to make it more than that.

But here I am in the same situation, confused. Do I try to make it more and risk the friendship? Do I continue to live my life and possibly look back and wonder what could have been?

Could you guys/girls maybe give me some advice and perspective on this? I'd really appreciate it..

I don't know. You could come clean and just tell her. She knows you already so there is nothing you can "do" to make her come to the conclusion that you have to be her boyfriend.

I've done that, but my friend wasn't feeling the same, witch I knew but I just had to say it so I could get over it. I've the feeling that it usally, like 9 out of 10 times doesn't work but. What the hell? You have nothing to loose because if she can't be your friend again then she is a horrible person.

Yeah, you have nothing to lose. You sound like you're very close to her and she's not going to give you up as a friend just because you spilled your guts to her.

Find a moment. A moment where you and her are alone and it feels right. Just tell her what you really feel.

Best case scenario, you find it she is willing to give a relationship with you a try.

Worst case scenario, at least you won't have any regrets that you didn't try to be with her. You'll know it just wasn't meant to be. And you'll still keep her as a friend (if that's what you still want).