+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do good looking college girls only go for good looking guys?

Do good looking college girls only go for good looking guys?

I am an 18 year old male college freshman. some might read this post and remember me posting a few months ago about a girl i met and ended up getting no where with. Heres my background:

Had my first gf senior year of high school if u could even call it that. our parents worked together and my dad showed a picture of me to her mother and somehow the daughter got around to seeing it. she got my number through our parents and we texted for a while then i took her out one time. the next time was for her homecoming. after that, she would sometimes come visit me and vice versa, we didnt get to see each other that much because of school, work, and we lived about 45 minutes away from each other. i never really liked her that much but she was the first girl to show interest in me so of course, i took the opportunity. we broke up (if u could really call it a real relationship) we never really saw each other regularly, just texted alot, but when we were with each other we had a good time. So we ended that relationship after a few months. i saw her facecook a few weeks ago and i guess she is with another kid that looks very geeky and loserish (i dont mean to be mean or stereotypical, just how i feel) that makes me think that she either likes any guy she talks to or she likes geeky looking kids, which doesnt make me feel good if thats true.I hadnt met a girl until about a month or two ago, when a girl me and my 5 roommates knew from school needed a place to stay she lived with us for a little bit, she would party withuis sometimes and one night she brought her friend over and we were drinking, my roommate told me her friend was looking at me throughout the night and blah blah blah. some things happened where the girl that was staying with us is kind of a wild child and u can say "gets around." she ran off to be with another guy at around 3 am in the morning on a saturday night, her friend that liked me is her best friend. the friend gets very worried and just a great friend and person. she was worried about her friend so i stayed with her and even went and helped her look for the friend that was staying with us. this part is getting a little long so ill just say that now the girl that liked me would come over everyday and help me with my homework and at the end of the night we would have a little fun and she would stay the night. (it never got THAT far, pertaining to the "fun" we had)

She is a great girl with a great personality, but im not very physically attracted to her, dont get me wrong, when were alone, my opinion changes, but i think thats just me being a male. anyway, i asked her why she liked me and she never mentioned anything about me physically, she just said she liked me because of how i treated her that night that i just explained. but im guessing she had to be a little physically attracted to me considering she kept looking at me through the night, before any of the other things went down right?

i tell you all that to ask this. do college girls that are above average looking, go for regular looking guys that dont have a six pack, are athletic, or tall? i mean i have a little self confidence, i dont think im hideous, i like to dress and look nice, but i definitely dont pass as a model. i have a little beer belly and love handles, but im still a pretty slim kid. im not one of the bigger guys that u can tell are over weight or out of shape just by looking at them. (i hope that makes sense) Now im not talking about super models (that would be nice) but im also not talking about just a "cute" looking girl, because the girl that likes me is "cute" but the lower end of that. i hate to sound like that is all that im worried about, but im an 18 year old kid, im not looking for deep conversations, or a life companion. That statement scares me though because i fear that is exactly what college aged females think. sorry for the length but i wanted people to really understand me. i am going to keep rambling on below this, but that is really the end of the topic question. im just looking for any and all advice about females and how i should go about them and how they think about me. i guess the rest is "optional reading"

i feel like since i met one girl that likes me, that there has to be another one out there. the problem is, i dont get a chance to meet many females. i met another girl the first day of college, but that never ended up how i wanted, were now just "friends" as explained in the topic i talked about in the beginning of this post. i live with 5 of my best friends nad a random roommate which has ended up being a really good friend in a townhouse on campus. the ramdon roommate is fun to go out with and is the typical male that is into meeting new people and girls and has actually went out with females. for the roommates i live with now that i knew from school, one has a gf, one has a girl that he talks to back home, and the others never really talk to girls or had gf's. my friends and i arent losers, they were all in sports in high school (i wasnt) and a few of them partied back in high school, the others didnt, including me. i changed that when i got to college, because i wanted to change and meet females, the others didnt change. so im not in a situation where my friends meet many girls and have them and their friends hang out with us, so i have the opportunity to meet more girls, and when at parties, most girls are already with guys. (i hope that makes sense) like i said, in high school, i wasnt a loser, but i also wasnt the extremely popular kid. i would talk to females in school and stuff, but they already had their friends, so they didnt need me being another one. so any advice about dating in college would be appreciated, i just really want to know if i could have a relationship with a girl that could obviously get a better looking guy. i feel that if a girl actually talks to me and hangs out with me that should would realize that im a really nice guy, genuine, and a gentleman, not a guy that gets around. i just feel that college girls look for the exact opposite, guys that are just physically appealing. im looking to be proved wrong in this post. i know a GORGEOUS looking girl going out with a big, buff, "handsome" looking guy that hits her and doesnt always treat her the best. i dont really understand why she puts herself through that other than her just wanting a good looking guy because other than that, she has a great head on her shoulders. in high school she was in all honors classes and every organization possible and is a very responsible girl. ur "perfect girl" so to speak. i think im done rambling, im very sorry for the length if u actually read all this i REALLY appreciate it, i just needed to vent and really explain my situation.
    Last edited by nukl92; 08-01-11 at 11:05 AM. Reason: there had to be some typos! lol

Alright dude, I have 4 years on you of acquired experience, and 4 years ago I wasn't all that different from you, so I think I can offer you some pretty good advice.

You're an 18 year old guy, which is a tricky age for a guy to meet girls. You're in college and therefore you're not going to be meeting younger girls at your age. But you're also not quite the ladies man yet and you're not going to be hooking up with girls significantly older than you any time soon, either.

That said, you don't have to be Brad Pitt to get a date with a pretty girl.

Look, if I'm reading you right, the club/party scene is probably not your thing. I'm the same way. You're probably just going to go to a club/party, see all the good-looking girls you want either in a big group talking to each other or they are already with some good-looking guy, and this paints a bad picture for you.

But that's a very particular type of scene. You want to know where you can find the best girls? In class. Or at random events on campus. The BEST girls available are all there. Trust me.

So how does someone like you strike up a conversation with a pretty girl - say, in class?

Easy. KEEP UP WITH YOUR SCHOOL WORK. It gives you an excuse to talk to a girl in class. Introduce yourself and ask her what she thought about the Immanuel Kant reading. Then offer your opinion on it. Conversations like that can lead somewhere.

You know what else school work is good for? One day all of these girls - even the ones you see dancing with the good-looking guys at the clubs - are going to want a really sweet, nice guy like yourself with good job security. You say you're not a bad-looking guy with a decent sense of style, so having your **** together is what's more important.

Dating at 18 can be hard for the average guy. But it's still possible. Don't take it too much to heart if it takes you a little while to find success. The most important thing is getting your own **** together. While you're at it, why don't you go to the gym, get rid of that beer belly and love handles, and gain a bit of muscle? You don't have to look like you're on steroids. Just go to the gym 3 times a week or so, maybe for 45 minutes each time to lift some weights (but really go at it in that 45 minutes). It will pay dividends for you eventually.

The older you get, a whole new land will open up to you as well - younger women. Young chicks dig older men. So one day you'll be 21, and you'll find that those hot 18 year old girls are far more attainable then than they might be right now.

So do your school work. Go to the gym. Make friends. Throw yourself in social situations. Even if you're just an average looking chap, you can eventually land the kind of girl you want to be with. Trust me. And good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by LtSurge View Post
    Alright dude, I have 4 years on you of acquired experience, and 4 years ago I wasn't all that different from you, so I think I can offer you some pretty good advice.

You're an 18 year old guy, which is a tricky age for a guy to meet girls. You're in college and therefore you're not going to be meeting younger girls at your age. But you're also not quite the ladies man yet and you're not going to be hooking up with girls significantly older than you any time soon, either.

That said, you don't have to be Brad Pitt to get a date with a pretty girl.

Look, if I'm reading you right, the club/party scene is probably not your thing. I'm the same way. You're probably just going to go to a club/party, see all the good-looking girls you want either in a big group talking to each other or they are already with some good-looking guy, and this paints a bad picture for you.

But that's a very particular type of scene. You want to know where you can find the best girls? In class. Or at random events on campus. The BEST girls available are all there. Trust me.

So how does someone like you strike up a conversation with a pretty girl - say, in class?

Easy. KEEP UP WITH YOUR SCHOOL WORK. It gives you an excuse to talk to a girl in class. Introduce yourself and ask her what she thought about the Immanuel Kant reading. Then offer your opinion on it. Conversations like that can lead somewhere.

You know what else school work is good for? One day all of these girls - even the ones you see dancing with the good-looking guys at the clubs - are going to want a really sweet, nice guy like yourself with good job security. You say you're not a bad-looking guy with a decent sense of style, so having your **** together is what's more important.

Dating at 18 can be hard for the average guy. But it's still possible. Don't take it too much to heart if it takes you a little while to find success. The most important thing is getting your own **** together. While you're at it, why don't you go to the gym, get rid of that beer belly and love handles, and gain a bit of muscle? You don't have to look like you're on steroids. Just go to the gym 3 times a week or so, maybe for 45 minutes each time to lift some weights (but really go at it in that 45 minutes). It will pay dividends for you eventually.

The older you get, a whole new land will open up to you as well - younger women. Young chicks dig older men. So one day you'll be 21, and you'll find that those hot 18 year old girls are far more attainable then than they might be right now.

So do your school work. Go to the gym. Make friends. Throw yourself in social situations. Even if you're just an average looking chap, you can eventually land the kind of girl you want to be with. Trust me. And good luck.
    thanks for reading all that and replying. that really made me feel a little better about myself and my situation. the part that im not into is the gym part lol. im not saying im a lazy person, but ill be honest, i really dont want to hit the gym. im self conscious about going to a gym, i think just because i never have before. i also feel like i wouldnt be able to keep up with it. believe me, i would love to, i just honestly dont think i could. and as a matter of fact, i just went grocery shopping today and am getting ready to go back to school and i really tried to get alot healthier foods. i posted on a health board forum the other day about the whole healthier living thing. i always had a bit of a belly, but nothing really noticeable, but since ive been in college and drinking ive gained a few pounds. of u would like to take a look at my topic on the health board forum u could just for a little read. theres really no reason for u to, i just found it a little ironic:

[url=http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=830270]How do I lose weight in college? - HealthBoards Message Boards[/url]

Haha I think I'll just keep it to here. Listen, I really recommend going to the gym - you may feel self-conscious about it now because you've never done it before, but after a few times there you won't feel that way anymore, I'm quite sure of that. It's not exactly rocket science - if you want to be with a pretty girl, putting a little effort into your body helps.

However, the gym thing is not necessary, and is far less important than doing your school work and making friends/throwing yourself into social situation with regards to your short-term and long-term chances of meeting the kind of girl you want. The gym would definitely help you, but you can definitely get by without it.

Quote Originally Posted by LtSurge View Post
    Haha I think I'll just keep it to here. Listen, I really recommend going to the gym - you may feel self-conscious about it now because you've never done it before, but after a few times there you won't feel that way anymore, I'm quite sure of that. It's not exactly rocket science - if you want to be with a pretty girl, putting a little effort into your body helps.

However, the gym thing is not necessary, and is far less important than doing your school work and making friends/throwing yourself into social situation with regards to your short-term and long-term chances of meeting the kind of girl you want. The gym would definitely help you, but you can definitely get by without it.
    im glad u didnt read the other topic of mine, waste of time lol. but i think u are the first person who has told me that the gym is not make or break, which makes me feel good, but now just made me a little less determined to actually get myself to do it lol.

Well, it may not be make or break, but why wouldn't you do something that can seriously help your chances?

And actually, the gym might have an added significance for someone like you. It's clear you're not exactly oozing self-confidence. Self-confidence is one of the things the gym can really help with. If you don't want girls to know what you look like with your shirt off, that can hurt your confidence. If you DO want girls to know what you look like with your shirt off? It helps self-confidence A LOT. Which helps with talking to girls. And girls LOVE confidence. In fact, it's pretty much a requirement for many girls.

So I certainly hope that I'm not discouraging you from going to the gym just because I said it wasn't necessarily make or break.

i really do want to go, i just have push start myself. thats just kind of how i am, as soon as i start something, then ill be alright. and btw, a few years ago i benched with my friend for a little bit over the summer, at first, i didnt want to do it, but i did love it after i started. now i just have to push myself to do it in public

Just remember, the first time will be the hardest, and every time after that will be much easier. So just get brave and do it one day.

im lookign to start monday, i just gotta check my work schedule, and i gotta convince one of my roommates to go with me because i dont want to go alone

Nothing wrong with a good gym buddy. Good luck.

thanks man

anyone else have any opinions?

just to add on to the gym idea... its also an awesome place to meet women i have met loads of girls at the gym. An as an average lookin guy who is a college grad YES good looking college girls do go after guys below their individual looks... you just have to have confidence in yourself enough to approach them an build enough repore (sp?) that they take a fancy to you. But defiantly hit the gym girls like guys that are in shape an care about the way they look an while there start up some convos with the bevy of beauties that are there also. its attainable just put in the effort buds

Im a decent looking guy, and looks alone dont get you girls, Ive been "beaten" by guys who are bad looking but have a better attitude than me.

Looks mean nothing it's all in how you carry yourself.
    Gary Uranga, Writer of SocialSuccessMastery.com