+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Will he cheat? sooner or later??

Will he cheat? sooner or later??

I would love to hear some honest opinions from guys! ALways getting advice from girls..it'd be nice to hear some opinions of the opposite sex.

Point #1 : My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 2 years... and he has been the "dominant" one in our relationship. He has also been the only one who warns me about cheating, going out with other guys, chatting with other guys, FB friend request-ing other guys!!

He even "threatens" me about what would happen if I ever do any of those things.

Point #2: Also, ever since we've been together, he has always brought up his "ability to get girls" whenever we have a fight.. usually saying something along the lines of "WHat? You think I can't get a girl?"

During normal conversation times, he has frequently brought up the fact that in the past, his friends always asked him to talk to girls for them in the club, and get numbers for them etc... because his "skills" are so good.

Point #3: He has a very very strong dominance issue. He cannot accept the feeling of "losing"...any kind of losing. He has also told me that whenever we have sex after a fight, he feels great because he feels like he just "won".
    Back to the 'losing' issue, he can't accept losing bets/challenges:

-A: Last time we went to the club, he brought up the "my friends always used to ask me to get girls..." thing, and I said cool. I was curious, so I asked him to show me his skills. At this point, we hadn't had any drinks yet and he thought about it. It looked like he was gonna say yes, but 2 seconds later, he quickly rejected my idea and showed a bit of frustration as to why his GF would suggest such a thing. He said something about "i'll always be loyal to you. it wouldn't feel good when I do stuff like that"
    THEN, after we had a few shots....surprisingly, HE ASKED ME "hey, you still wanna see how good your bf is at talking to girls?" I was quite shocked.

-B: Another time, the day after we had a ginormous fight about him-talking-to-his-ex-behind-my-back, he and his friends had gone to a car dealership. Apparently, there was a hot insurance lady, and his friend "challenged" my bf's skills of whether he could get her number or not. My bf AGREED to this challenged. When I confronted him about this, he said it was because he can't back down from a challenge. WTF?

I may sound like a controlling bitch, checking his phone..and getting mad about him talking to his ex..etc, but I have my own reasons to why I act like that. He has ALWAYS been the one threatening me about talking to the other sex, attacking the errors of my past(before I even met him), etc..

It feels so unfair that after what he always says to me, he acts like this.

MY QUESTION IS:

Do you guys think that my bf will cheat...slip... sooner or later? based on his behaviour so far.

Probably.

His behavior is very controlling, and he's clearly got no respect for you.

'He sounds very insecure. He's trying to impress you and prove that he's an alpha male. The only way to really "fix" this yourself is to give him enough compliments/attention. Beyond that he has to fix his insecurities himself, either through counseling, soul searching, or whatever.

Hi I am a girl but cant stop replying to this thread.. Hope you don't mind...

I had ex before who is like that... But I still trust him. He is a control freak also. We always fight about my dress when he see's me that I am hot he will get mad. But I just wore a tight fitting jeans and a sleeveless Heck I am still hot and he will told me to change... He is afraid that some one will be into me....I am still obedient.. Even I was late for our meeting to have lunch he will accuse me of having an affair... But still Im submissive....

We may have different situation but I still see the same outcome of his attitude... He is a cheater. They are insecure. But they are the one who cheated anyway. Afraid to lose.

Forget the cheating, you need to address his ridiculous attitude towards life and especially you. How dare someone bring up their ability to pull other girls with their gf/wife? It's so disrespectful, totally unacceptable. Whether he cheats or not is another matter, first get him to show you the respect you deserve.

As for the cheating, I don't think he's going to cheat on you, but I think he may have in the past, hence he's like that. Who knows though, you can't be sure until it has happened, or until you've been with him long enough to know he wouldn't cheat on you.

stay with him and reinforce his hideous behavior. then when/if you get reproduce with him you can reinforce it to your kids. and we will make all our guys hideous assholes and our girls controlling bitches.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Will he cheat? sooner or later??

my crystal ball is cloudy. i definitely think you're rushing him there with your controlling bitchdom.

Quote Originally Posted by MatchesMalone View Post
    'He sounds very insecure. He's trying to impress you and prove that he's an alpha male. The only way to really "fix" this yourself is to give him enough compliments/attention. Beyond that he has to fix his insecurities himself, either through counseling, soul searching, or whatever.

I won't "fix" his problem by giving him compliments/attention. How would I confront him about this "alpha male" thing? without pissing him off. I'm worried that he will misunderstand what I'm trying to convey and get angry. Once he is angry, it is SO hard to reason with him. This is the first time I've ever known any one like this. The more I think about his behaviour, the more I think that..he is everything that I've been taught not to be. He seems very attention hungry. I can see that he cares about me dearly though. I dont think he knows that his behaviour is unacceptable.

On of the things that bugged me was that, he acts so macho usually...
    for example, if he notices a guy is looking at him/me, he will stare him down with a death look.
    At other times, he always talks about how he thinks I underestimate his ability to physically protect me in a fight etc. "you think I'm short...so I can't protect you" etcc..

BUT, when he is sick...or lonely...
    he acts the complete opposite way. He actually sounds like he's asking for sympathy from me.
    If I don't ask him about how he's feeling when he's sick, he will go out of his way to say things like "My whole body is in pain, and I've been coughing non-stop. etc" in the most pitiful voice.

Honestly, I expected him to be the type of guy who would suck it up when he's sick, and act like nothings happened. Considering how he acts in normal times!!!
    Yet, I stay with him...

Can anyone analyze his behaviour?
    How would I confront him about this "alpha male" thing?

just submit and do what he wants. try to have his baby asap cause that will make things better.

Quote Originally Posted by loving_you View Post
    How would I confront him about this "alpha male" thing?
    Don't bother wasting your time. Just leave the macho idiot.

He's not relationship material. Period.
    Stand your ****ing ground and get out of the relationship. If you don't trust him and he treats you like this- then forget about it.
    Empower yourself, stop being the string along and get your life together. You must have serious insecurities if you allow him to treat you this way.