+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guys: Would you rather a crush of yours play hard to get or just let you have it?

Guys: Would you rather a crush of yours play hard to get or just let you have it?

Elaborate please, thank you.

Example: A pretty/interesting chick you are crushing on doesn't talk to you for a few days or, avoids you sometimes. Would that make you like her more?
    Or, would you prefer a girl who just says, "I like you too!" and then you're dating?

I'd prefer the latter. Having a girl send mixed signals doesn't really help me get into a relationship with her.

If the female avoids him, his best bet is to move on to some other female who doesn't play stupid, sad pathetic games!!

If someone prefers girls that show no interest, there's something wrong with him.

To be perfectly fair - my ex, who I'm still in love with did do this shit to me before we started going out. Drove me crazy, and not always in a good way. The complete truth though is that I would have loved her just the same (maybe more?) if she didn't.

I hate game playing. The quickest way to get me to lose interest is to play hard to get... suddenly, I don't want to get.

during the pursuit, i would wish things were easier. but after hooking up, i would probably feel better about myself if she had been a little harder to attain.

I don't care for stupid games. Love is way too important for all that bullshit. My GF made it perfectly clear how she felt about me - I knew where I stood. Games are for children.

Boisdevie took the words right out my mouth. Games are fine, but not when dealing with emotions and relationships. Either you're interested or you're not. Even though playing 'hard to get' is done by both sexes I think that it is a predominantly female activity. I hate the fact that so many women play this 'game' and then go on to complain that "guys don't know that no means no". Well duh, your 'hard to get' game conditioned most of them to think that "no" means "maybe" or "yes if your persistent". Games belong on boards or TVs and that's it.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Boisdevie took the words right out my mouth. Games are fine, but not when dealing with emotions and relationships. Either you're interested or you're not. Even though playing 'hard to get' is done by both sexes I think that it is a predominantly female activity. I hate the fact that so many women play this 'game' and then go on to complain that "guys don't know that no means no". Well duh, your 'hard to get' game conditioned most of them to think that "no" means "maybe" or "yes if your persistent". Games belong on boards or TVs and that's it.
    This.

I try not to put up with women who even remotely go there.

When girls play Hard to Get, it only pisses us off because life is too short to play the game.
    I prefer a girl to throw signs so I at least know what kind of gear I need to conquer her.
    Hard to Get cards are for High School teeny boppers!
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

sadie_genie Guest
    Games are hard to play if you actually like him.

Relationships are hard enough without adding bullsh*t to them.

If a woman likes me, fine. If she doesn't, fine. If she sends me mixed signals, I'm not interested. My life is stressful, busy, and screwed up enough without fake bullsh*t from someone who wants attention from me.

Either you're worth my time or you're not. There is no inbetween.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

The operative word here is "play". If a woman is "playing" hard to get, she's "playing" a game. Game playing sucks and has no legitimate place in a relationship. If she's playing hard to get, let her play with herself, and move on.

There's BEING hard to get, and there is PLAYING hard to get. It's a subtle but very important difference.

BEING hard to get is a good thing. It means you have your own life, are independent, and are secure enough in your attractiveness that you don't need someone else's constant attention or validation. This is attractive; no one (of either gender) likes someone who is clingy, needy, or dependent on them.

PLAYING hard to get, however, is a form of manipulation. You have the superficial appearance of independence, but you are really trying to pull strings because you are not confident enough in your attractiveness or someone else's feelings for you. Manipulation is also a form of power control; you are trying to make the other person take the big risk of rejection. In fact, you are demanding it; you will not put yourself out there until they have PROVEN they like you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast