+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My Teenager "Love" Life

My Teenager "Love" Life

I will try to keep this as simple as possible. I am a guy in highschool with some really tough decisions and would like to hear some input from others. I have one best friend that I can tell almost anything, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to hear from others anonymously.

So as I mentioned, I am in highschool, I play sports year-round, get straight A's, have a job, almost everything I could ask for as my parents are successful people. Anyways, enough of the background info:

It all started this school year, sophomores and juniors have Some classes with each other, and there is this girl in my chemistry class...Amber. Amber is the "hottest" girl in the whole school, no doubt in too many people's mind on that. It was a week into the school year when one of my girl friends tells me Amber thinks I am cute. So start to talk to her, text her, get to know her...and it goes great. We date for 2 months until it starts to get a little rough. Amber started acting weird, she would respond differently in texts and wouldn't act normal. It was 3-4 days after my birthday..when she decides we weren't meant to be. That she doesn't feel what she used to feel with me.

Amber and I shared some of the greatest times in my life, no doubt. I realize she's just a girl, but she meant SO much to me, we did so much together (not sex of any kind because I am not ready for that), but she was the first REAL girlfriend I have ever had. We went to football games, hung out, and so much more.

Anyways, I was sad about it and eventually got over it..until 2 weeks after we broke up, she told a friend of mine that she missed me. So we started talking again..and we talked for about 3 weeks until she did the same thing and started acting weird, and THIS time, I told her we were done.

So anyways, when we dated the first time, (she is known for cheating on people too), she talked to her ex-boyfriend for about a week, and 'apparently' was going to hangout with some senior and that was a reason she broke up with me in the first place, which we worked out and discussed.

So now it's been about 3 weeks since we haven't talked..I texted her tonight..she answered and we only sent a few texts back and forth but she hasn't answered back for over an hour.

I am sort of lost. A few days ago a friend told me his girlfriend overheard this other junior girl was talking about how she thought i was cute and looked really good and everything..so I texted her, and she eventually stopped texting back because it was obvious I wanted to "go somewhere" with it.

I have been told by numerous girls, including Amber, that I am "amazing". I "say the sweetest things". I am a very forgiving person as well. I am smart, good looks, very nice. Maybe amber just got bored of me because..it IS high school?

But I have no idea what to do. I am so lost..I miss Amber so much, she meant the world to me, and she won't leave my mind or heart. I can't stop thinking about all the great things we did together, but at the same time I can't forget about the bad things she did like talking to other guys and flirting with other guys. I realize that is high school with girls..but I can't get over her.

I realize I could get many girls, but I want HER.

So my moral is this:

Do you have any advice for me? Anything to help me either: Get amber back; get over Amber and move on; or just cope with it and see what happens? All is appreciated.

I realize this is long, so if you read it all, I cannot thank you enough for your time. It means a lot if someone reads it and gives me their opinion. Thank you much.

Move on and find someone else. If she's known for cheating on people then she'd probably cheat on you given the chance

Well I decided to start to talk to her again, and it's went okay. But she just sometimes doesn't respond and always says "idk" and that crap. She is just unsure, any help on how to convince her or possibly give her the option of taking me or not?

She is simply not worth it. Sounds like what they are saying about you is the equivalent of "aw, isn't that cute he gives a shit." Sounds like your being played, you are just someone there when she is bored, and when something better comes along you are no longer on her mind. I had a girlfriend like that in the past, and I was more miserable in the relationship than I was single. Take my advice, the girl you are looking for is still out there. You sound like me: hard working, top student, successful, someone better will come along, you are just going to have to be patient and occupy your time elsewhere until that girl comes along.