+ Follow This Topic

Thread: contact again after 6 months

contact again after 6 months

i had a christmas message from a girl who i really loved (who i still love) after 6 months of no contact. She is living with a on off boyfriend. Me and this girl had a short lived relationship and i know i was special for her back then but for various reasons it did'nt work out between us and i truely loved her and she knew that. She broke my heart many times, but she always did the right thing ect.. trust me when i say i really did have issue's, a wall that kept us apart. Anyway she made contact with me, she told me she did'nt forget me, she still wears the bracelet i got her, she asked if i had a girlfriend yet or not. I could'nt tell her that i still love her, and i could'nt tell all my fealings, i mean i don't want to scare her away from me. My heart told me i should ask her to meet me for a coffee while we are talking again, but i have'nt done as yet, its kind of a big deal that we are able to talk a little and i dont want to lose complete contact again. Trust me when i say "she's the one that got away" i have thought about her every day since i met her, i even have a tattoo of her words on my waist..so what i'm basicly saying is that she meant rather alot. Her boyfriend she does'nt love, and he's very jealous..i mean he already knows about my history with her and i'm not aloud to really talk with her, he's been with her for 3 years but they have broken up twice, the first time they broke up is when i met her and dated her.. anyway should i wait and see what happens with them ?? or should i ask her just for a friendly coffee??? or maybe wait a month before i ask her that... i just want another chance to show her that a man can change ect ...

and just to add.. she's well worth all the pain

sorry for my terrible spelling !!!!!!!!

If she doesn't love him, why is she with him and why has she been involved with him for 3 years?

Why did you two split?

Maybe their relationship isn't all hunky dory these days and she reached out to you because of this. I'd be careful because you might end up becoming her 'backburner' guy.

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    If she doesn't love him, why is she with him and why has she been involved with him for 3 years?

Why did you two split?

Maybe their relationship isn't all hunky dory these days and she reached out to you because of this. I'd be careful because you might end up becoming her 'backburner' guy.
    she is with him because he is all she knows... and she has'nt met anyone else i guess who has swept her away ....and in short... we split because i had a stammer (when someone struggle's to talk) off course she did'nt care about the way i talked, but i did unfortunalty care about my talking problem, so basicly i acted painfully shy, to the point where we could'nt find any comfort in each others presance.. i have been over the reasons many times, and i know what is right and what is'nt so please dont judge her or me, i could explain better but it would probly take a whole book... just treat it as a wall between us...anyway i'm a little better now,
    Last edited by loverman1; 11-01-11 at 07:04 AM.

I think I'm best off reading your other thread and getting some background before I reply.

please don't worry about the reasons too much, i could expalin the reasons better but it would take a extremely long post, just understand she did the right thing, it was'nt her or my fault !

i'm just wondering when i should ask her for a friendly coffee ?? and if i should ask.. as i don't want to scare her away!!

I dunno hon. I think I'd just keep the lines of communication open and see what happens next. Like send a friendly text her way and ask how she is etc. If she replies and you begin exchanging texts regular, you might be able to gauge where she's at, or where her relationship is at with him, etc...then you can take it from there.

To text you out of the blue and after 6 months, she was obviously thinking about you.

So you guys are broken up but she did the right thing?

GET A GRIP. IT IS OVER. MOVE ON.