+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She never texts me

She never texts me

I met a girl at university before xmas. she gave me her number and before long, we went on a date, which went pretty well.
    She doesnt live near me so over xmas, i stayed in contact via text.
    But after a while, i realised that i was always the one initiating the texting. she would always text back but she would take a while.
    Im not sure whether she likes me and is playing it cool or whether she thinks im a weirdo who she only texts back to be polite.

Maybe she hates texting.....why don't you try a call?

You know, where you actually pick up a phone, dial a number and talk 'real' time....a forgotten art of 'communication'

I've only been on 1 date with her. I dont feel like i know her well enough to call her. She does make conversation when she texts me, she cant hate texting that much.
    Can you suggest anything else?

You don't have to know her that well and to call her. And calling is a way to get to know someone better, it's more personal and when you can hear a voice, plus you can talk about things and discuss things better and your telephone communication is rarely misinterpreted, as a text message can be.

I hate texting and I'm female. You said you didn't know her 'that' well.....how do you know for sure whether she hates it or not?

How old are you? I'm guessing you are very young.

Some females just are not big initiators and they like the guy to be the one to call/text and in the early days. It lets her know that you have a real and genuine interest.
    I never initiate texts and with a guy I am not in a relationship with....that is just me and I prefer him to make his interest known and clear and before I'd text/call. I'm reciprocating my interest, each and everytime I pick up his call or reply to a text, as she is doing. Some females are just not as forward as others are.

If you've had one date, why be so shy to ask her for another?

You are really good at this.
    You're right, i'm just being paranoid about it i guess. I will make an effort to call her when i next get the chance.
    As for the date thing, she lives in newcastle when i live in cornwall so its a bit difficult seeing her outside of term time.
    Thanks a lot for your help.