+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I slept with my gay best friend

I slept with my gay best friend

I am in such a ridiculously stupid situation. Last week I went out, got very drunk, my best friend was staying the night at my house as he often does and before either of us knew what we were doing we'd had sex. The only problem being, I'm a straight girl, he's a gay guy. We both decided we shouldn't tell anyone, from sheer embarrassment if anything, we were both drunk and it didn't mean 'anything'. The thing is he's treating it as if it's just all one big hilarious joke and I can't see it like that. I feel so awkward around him now. It's also scaring me how much I've been thinking about the fact that obviously being gay he wouldn't have had the same enjoyment and attraction as I did and so it was okay for him it was just a bit of fun, I'm just not confident that it didn't mean anything to me either. I don't know whether to just not say anything and hopefully it will pass and i'll stop thinking about it or whether to talk to him. We're really close and I don't want to risk destroying our friendship but I don't know if that's too late.Any advice at all for the stupid drunk girl? Would really appreciate it

Get over it or avoid him.

You sure he's gay? Do gay men sleep with women? Maybe he's bi.

No he's gay. He's only slept with one other woman and that was 5 years ago, before he came out!

well.. both of you need to think about who you are. Neither of you are ready to be in any type of relationship... Getting drunk and sleeping with your friend, especially a gay one... Wow... As someone on this forum said to me before, "Drinking alcohol does *not* make you do things you wouldn't normall do! It only lowers you inhabitions and makes it easier for you to act on your wants".

I think you need to just completely forget your slutty night with him. He knows he wants to be a gay man, and as such, he will never be with you or take it seroius. You need to do some thinking about yourself, your morals, and your permiscuous behavior. You both said you don't want to tell anyone else, perhaps you should have one last quick conversaition with him, and say, "how about we don't only not talk about this to anyone else, but we don't mention it ever, to eachother, either".

Hopefully you guys can get past this and your friendship can go on.

Quote Originally Posted by tom84 View Post
    well.. both of you need to think about who you are. Neither of you are ready to be in any type of relationship... Getting drunk and sleeping with your friend, especially a gay one... Wow... As someone on this forum said to me before, "Drinking alcohol does *not* make you do things you wouldn't normall do! It only lowers you inhabitions and makes it easier for you to act on your wants".

I think you need to just completely forget your slutty night with him. He knows he wants to be a gay man, and as such, he will never be with you or take it seroius. You need to do some thinking about yourself, your morals, and your permiscuous behavior. You both said you don't want to tell anyone else, perhaps you should have one last quick conversaition with him, and say, "how about we don't only not talk about this to anyone else, but we don't mention it ever, to eachother, either".

Hopefully you guys can get past this and your friendship can go on.
    Thanks for that. As for the thinking about myself part I do understand where you're coming from but in my defence it's the first time i've ever slept with anyone outside of a relationship and i'm 22, completely out of character for me. Definitely something I regret and I won't be doing it again. Just to clear that up

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah9172 View Post
    Thanks for that. As for the thinking about myself part I do understand where you're coming from but in my defence it's the first time i've ever slept with anyone outside of a relationship and i'm 22, completely out of character for me. Definitely something I regret and I won't be doing it again. Just to clear that up
    I'm glad you realize that wasn't a good thing to do and plan to not do it again

Wow how strange! but I bet when you two are next drunk around each other he will be coming on to you!

Did he enjoy the sex at alL? did he cum?

Sarah9172----If he's your best friend, and you guys are close, well....he knows a lot about you, your life. He must care for you as a friend. Friends treat each other right. I don't think your friendship is destroyed. He treats it as 'one big hilarious joke' because maybe he's feeling awkward too about the whole thing. Perhaps he regrets it.

It seems important to you to know whether he enjoyed it as much as you. Does it matter? He's your friend, not your boyfriend.

Don't sleep with him again.

Troll answer: He isn't actually gay and he was just using that as an excuse to get close to you....

Serious answer: If you guys are as close as you say you are then don't let this get in the way of things. Sit down, have a proper discussion about it. Tell him how you feel, and that you don't want it to come between you (which I'm guessing you don't?)

I'd say this is something you will both look back at and laugh about one day. Hopefully anyway

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah9172 View Post
    . Any advice at all for the stupid drunk girl?
    Have STD testing done, including for HIV.

I am NOT kidding. Especially if you went unprotected.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?