+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am i Overreacting?

Am i Overreacting?

Ok, i've seen this girl i like around her job. (I used to work close to her). I never really talked to her until recently.
    On two occasions. She also happens to be the daughter of my parents close friends. So she showed up at a BBQ and i finally talked to her. The 2nd time was also a gathering and again we chatted and got to know each other ect. So i asked her out and we went to a lounge. We were having a good time, taking, laughing ect, though she is a little shy, and she didn't mind my arm around her shoulder/back rubbing it occasionally. Everything was going well.

I really liked her so i wasn't gonna beat around the bush. I whispered in her ear "i like you a lot", she shrugged her shoulders and said "i like you too".. i dont get the shrugged shoulders...is this a bad sign?

I had every intention of kissing her at the end, but just didn't somehow and kissed her on the cheek. My question is should have i kissed her? or is it good that i only gave her the cheek kiss. I know this is a first technical date but we have spoken to each other on two other occasions in person.

Thanks for any replies!

Hey, you sound young. Which I am not saying is good or bad, I'm just saying, if I had to guess, your between 15 and 18. Sadly, many girls this age are complete sluts... but there are still many girls who are 'good girls' and don't just jump instantly on any guy. She may like you, but from what you said, it doesn't seem you two know eachother very well(like you don't seem to hang out with her often). I say give it more time. Instead of telling her you like her, just show her from now on, but don't be overdueing it. I mean, ask her if she wants to go to lunch, or a show, or something. Just hang out with her more, and see where things go.

Quote Originally Posted by tom84 View Post
    Hey, you sound young. Which I am not saying is good or bad, I'm just saying, if I had to guess, your between 15 and 18. Sadly, many girls this age are complete sluts... but there are still many girls who are 'good girls' and don't just jump instantly on any guy. She may like you, but from what you said, it doesn't seem you two know eachother very well(like you don't seem to hang out with her often). I say give it more time. Instead of telling her you like her, just show her from now on, but don't be overdueing it. I mean, ask her if she wants to go to lunch, or a show, or something. Just hang out with her more, and see where things go.

Im actually 21, i just noticed i had waay to many fragments in there so it may seem like im rushing.

She is 20 and defiantly not a slut. Im just afraid of being put in the friend zone... But i think your right i may be rushing and i need to relax and take it easy, get to know her even more.