+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What should I say now? No reply back

What should I say now? No reply back

Okay, little backstory here.

I added this chick on Facebook, I have never met her before. My friend who is friends with her asked her to go for lunch one day. But that never worked out. Which is why I'm posting here lol. Instead of just waiting for something to happen in his hands I just did my own thing and added her..

First convo went something little like this..
    Start after the intro..
    who are you
    I'm one of .... friends we were suppose to go out for lunch
    oh ahaha
    we should go out for dinner or mOvies sOmetime
    yeah we can do that

That's some of the first convo which I remember, most important parts though..

then the next morning I got a mess. That said
    Can you come pick me up for lunch with my friend

I coudnt cause I was at work at got the mess after..

so when I got home .. I talked to her..

I just got your mess blah blah blah you wanted to do something.
    yeah but nvm haha
    my bad I just got it.. Do you want to do something tues
    haha it's okay
    and okay !
    then I said something like what do you want to do still lunch..

then I never got a reply back..
    after that what should my next comments be towards her?

thanks and sorry for the pre school post I'm on my phone and on break at work so had to do it quick lol.

It seems a bit bizarre. Do you know her? It seems as though she was willing to go out for lunch on the off chance with you and not because she wanted something to develop. I think you're reading far too much into it and it looks as though you're making too much effort considering you haven't spoken before. Leave her, perhaps talk to her casually in a few weeks time but don't mention meeting up. You don't want to come across as desperate.

yeah, you hardly know her yet, so she has no reason to really care about seeing you... but she has put in some effort, plans just haven't worked out yet. Don't be over persistant, but keep talking to her, and perhaps soon you guys will hang out and see where things go from there.

No, I have no idea who she is. Well I have a clue since she went out with one of my friends, bet we have never met. .

Right now, I'm not looking for anything to develop other then a good friendship. If we meet up one time, ever, I'll see from there if there is a connection. But, from the times I talked to her, she has seemed like a pretty cool and down to earth person.

Like I said, my friend (not the one who she went out with, but another) is friends with her. He asked her to go out for lunch with us one day, but never work out. So, I just added her on Facebook and took action into my own hands.

What get's me is that she asked me to pick her up for lunch one day (was working though) after the first convo we had. Which basically just said we should do something sometime..

Also, I told her my age (which she then told me her) and I am four years older then her, but it didn't seem to bother her. She said something like "oh haha".

Maybe she just wants me to pick her up because I have a car? She is still in high school..

Dude, why do you even care about seeing her if you have no idea who she is? She is probably just creeped out that some random older guy is wanting to hang out with her. I'd say get off her back and pursue girls you already have met and are your age.

^ It's not as if he's a 40 year old stalker paedo. Sounds like she thought you were ok and decided to see what you were like in person over lunch. It might seem a bit weird that she asked after you'd only spoken once, but she was going to bring a friend along too. Do as tom said.

Exactly. My goal is to go out for lunch and get to know each other.

Can't go wrong with that, right?

Well tomorrow is the day I asked her to lunch. We're both online on Facebook..

Should I talk to her and bring it up, or just not do anything?

If you haven't spoken to her in a day or two then you could say looking forward to tomorrow or something casual. Don't want to appear too clingy or anything though. If you do want to talk to her and decide to mention it, be prepared to change the subject fairly quick.

second star to the right, and straight on until morning.
    Do you have a time and a place set for lunch?
    If not, I'd think of one, and then casually say something like "hey, if you're still up to lunch tomorrow i know a really nice place we can go to".
    It's non-threatening, and it shouldn't make her feel "obligated" to see you.

If you've got plans set, then I would just leave it at that, unless she talks to you.

I have a little under a 4 year age difference with my boyfriend, he's 22 and I'm turning 19 in a couple of months. We were friends first, and are still in the same age range and have the same sort of "generational interests" or whatever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    respect the delicate ecology of your delusions

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This is weird. You add a random chick and you say hello, want to go on a date? Dude, warm her up a little call her, chat, talk, laugh you know... You honestly sound like the very situation my mother warns me about...

It's not that strange as they have a mutual friend. Just my thoughts. Tbh, I admire his balls! Now that does sound strange...

Ok. So littie update on this..

We never went out for lunch like planned. Also, since that night I asked her to lunch we have not talked. What should I do next? Should I say something to her?

Quote Originally Posted by chailli View Post
    Ok. So littie update on this..

We never went out for lunch like planned. Also, since that night I asked her to lunch we have not talked. What should I do next? Should I say something to her?
    No. Sounds like you got rejected. If she wanted to meet up with you, she would have. I think you should let this one go.

I'm with Merry on this one. She's not interested.

It sounds as though her 'only' interest in you, was to ask you and to take her and her friend to lunch - use you for a ride in other words.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast