+ Follow This Topic

Thread: facebook invite..

facebook invite..

Today I received an invitation for my ex's facebook.
    She broke up about a year ago with me, and dated an other guy within days.

I felt like pretty awfull those months after the breakup.. Now a year later I still quite often think of her and have some feelings for her.

We've been in NC/LC during this year, and after 3 months or so I sended her an invite for facebook, which she rejected.

I don't know why she is sending me an invite now, she is still with that guy and I assume she is happy with him.
    Perhaps she sended the invitation by mistake, cause I saw she added more people to her account today.

I guess she just wants to contain the LC and nothing more..

I've been depressed a couple of months ago and I told her that back then, but she never informed how I was doing all this time, and on new year's eve I didn't hear from her either. So I dunno if she deserves my friendship..

Another strange thing happened... She registered at a datingsite today (I'm active there, but she doesn't know) and today I saw a contact add from her in which she seeks men aged 18-33 for friendship, she writes that she has a relationship though. I accidently bumped into her contact add.. but it seems strange to me that she wants too meet new guys while she has a relationship and lots of friends allready.. Perhaps her current relation isn't going as planned?

Anyway's I assume that she ain't interested in me if she registrates herself at the dating site, and doesn't contact me on msn.
    I'm still not sure what to do with her on msn, I thought several times of deleting her forgood.. but somewhere down the road I'm still hoping for reconcilation. And what shall I do with the facebook invite?

Any advice?

hmm... this is a tricky one. it sounds like you still have feelings for her, so i'm not sure if it's a good idea to add her on facebook unless you are only looking for friendship and just that. she is in a relationship and is looking for other people, so maybe she is unhappy with the guy she's with now and wants to try to meet other people. maybe she came around to missing you and wants to have you back in her life, but not as a boyfriend. i really would only add her back if you can handle talking to her as just friends and nothing more, otherwise you might be setting yourself up for disappointment!

p.s. that's not cool how she broke up with you and then started dating another guy a few days later! and the fact that she has a boyfriend but is looking for other people on a dating site shows that she isn't too interested in him, either. it sounds like she doesn't know what she wants, so i wouldn't try to get your feelings mixed up again by trying to reconcile with her. just be friends, nothing more. you deserve better and someone who will love you and want to be with you!

If she had a new guy within days of breaking up with you, it's because she lined him up in advance. She planned the breakup long before you even knew what was coming.

And it looks like she's doing it again.

A LOT of people can't leave a relationship until they're sure there's another one waiting for them in the wings. Right now, if she's in a dating community but saying she just wants only friendship, its' probably because she's not sure about this current boyfriend but not ready to leave him yet.

She's hadging her bets. Sticking you in her back pocket just adds a little more security, since she knows you're still hung up on her and she can use that to bolster her confidence.

Sounds like her relationship is going tits up or she's bored, hence joining a dating site.

Just remember kids, Facebook is the devil! Or at least it can be if you start friending people that you have dated.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Hah, that's what I always say too - Facebook is the devil. I've seen plenty of people arguing because of Fb-related-issues.
    Anyway, this girl is definitely not interested in you anymore. I also think it's good that she never responded to you. Like you said, maybe she sent you that friend request out of mistake, or probably she's curious how you're doing... you shouldn't read too much into it. Accept that it's over and stop stalking her - this will help YOU.

This situation is very complex. Hmmm... I say don't accept the Facebook invite. I don't know her, but it sounds like she's a bit confused with what she wants. You want a relationship with her again... From the clues she's given, do you really think she's in position to be in a relationship with you? If not, why even get tangled up with her again, you may be causing yourself some grief, obviously you still have strong feelings for her.
    no links in signatures, mmmk?

This is very easy my friend, she is not into you and is only contacting you now because she is probably lonely. If you fall for it, at first everything might seem fine until she get's bored again and does the same thing she did to you the first time. Move on and forget her. You are over analyzing all these situations. Just ignore her Facebook Invite. If you didn't have the feelings you have for her I would say accept the invite, have sex until you get bored and move on. However being you are on this forum asking advice about her clearly indicates you are still hooked on this girl and she will always have the upper hand on you.

I am on the same boat in a way, I got played dirty, but in my case, he had his ex gf and other girls from his past hitting him up with things I didn't appreciate reading. She sounds like a big time player, I think she doesn't want you, but might want to screw with your head, or see what you are to, pretty much to find out if you are living a good llife or if you are still miserable, she wants the upper hand buddy. Don't do it, she screwed you over once, don't let it happen again.