+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Making friends.

Making friends.

I've always had trouble keeping friendships and relationships alive. Very few people in high school wanted to be my friend. I was never invited to parties. The people that I was “friends” with never wanted to hang out and they weren't very nice to me-- they never accepted me for who I was.

At lunchtime I'd read them scripts I'd made up in class about fictional people choking (cause I had a thing for people choking... it made me laugh though, not if it's causing people to die). My friends would get annoyed and tell me to sit at another table. When I tried to be mature they still made very little eye contact with me and they wouldn't really talk to me.

There were some people who wouldn't ever make eye contact with me at all! They would with everyone else but me. I'm a very friendly person and I'm a little wierd but there's lots of weird people with friends. Why is this?

You don't have any friends because you lack social skills.

Depends what you mean by weird? There are different types of weird and I'd find your company unsettling and if you talked about people choking. You sound morbidly 'weird' and I'm not surprised you have no mates.

Yeah, seriously, who in the hell talks about people choking like that? That's not weird - it's disturbing, and with the little description you gave us of yourself, I can tell that you are totally lacking social skills. You need to develop an understanding of social etiquette - what topics are acceptable and normal for conversation, how you should behave around other people, general interests, and avoid taboos.

It's because you're batshit insane.

HTH.