+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Lack of affection?

Lack of affection?

My bf has a tendancy to reject me a lot, when we are watching tv and I try to kiss him,
    he's glued into the tv all the time- even if its just commercials and he pushes me off of him. i
    I he enters a room and i give him a kiss *this is when we are alone, its not a PDA thing* he will move me aside almost always looks away right after any kiss and goes on to do something else.
    I don't know if I just have high expectations for little signs of physical affection but honestly if I dont initiate things like that, it doesnt happen very often- it really frusturates me when he does this and it hurts, but I feel incredibly annoying whenever i say something about it.

I'm just unsure if this is something I should adjust to- if I need to hold back a bit or if its not really normal? (i've never had this problem in previous relationships- so I don't think I'm being too much..?)

If i was more sure of his feelings for me, im sure i wouldnt need this physical reassurance, but we have been dating for a year now and the "L" word has not been dropped

You should read about the "Love Languages." Everyone has different ways of showing love and affection, and ways they best receive love and affection. If you understand yours and your partners', you may be able to workk out ways to both get what you need from the relationship. Or at least figure out that's not possible and move on with your lives with someone else.

Is that by "Gary Chapman"? I'm always down for a good read, especially if its something that can help me better understand my relationship
    Sounds like a very interesting concept, I will be sure to take a look!

Thanks!

Was it always like that? Did you bring this up?
    That's true, people are different, especially at such things. I'll have a look at the book Take2 mentioned as well.

Don't get too worried, but take care of your feelings. Make sure you're not the only one who cares about relationship.
    I wonder if it's just the way he is, or he is not that enthusiastic about relationship. You didn't mention anything else about your relations here, so it's hard to tell. It seems strange to me that a guy doesn't want to respond to his girlfriend's kisses and doesn't initiate it.
    Last edited by RockNRoll; 15-01-11 at 06:54 AM.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexerz View Post
    Is that by "Gary Chapman"? I'm always down for a good read, especially if its something that can help me better understand my relationship

Yes- just read the whole thing I'm recommending it to everyone I know. Great read. I now know how I expect to be loved and we're working on figuring out how he'd like to be loved