+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Potential job interview.

Potential job interview.

I went job hunting about 7 months ago and I was really wanting to work at the restaurant in the mall and I'd made the mistake of not filling the job application out in person. When I went to turn my job application in the next day, it was my old childhood neighbor friend. She remembered me and was like “Katie, turning in an application? I'll give it to the manager.” She smiled and that was that. I was never called in for an interview, but that's probably because I was never calling to check up on my job application status.

My problem is: I'm afraid my old childhod friend will think I'm trying to stalk or get back into her life by working where she works. Also, I'm afraid she and the other employees will think I'm annoying and wierd for always bugging them. Will they think I'm a pest and that I'm stalking them? What should be my way of thinking should I run into my old childhood friend... it'll be awkward if she takes my application again. I need advice!

Hi, smiley. I've gently ridiculed you in the past, but what I'm about to ask you is 100% serious and I'm honestly trying to help you out, so it would be really great if you could answer this:

Do you think you'd be capable of being productive in a workplace when you have all these mental hangups and issues? You seem to have a hard time in your interactions with others. Have you seen a mental health professional about that? It could work wonders for you, I think.

Again, it'd be really great if you'd respond. You have a tendency to walk away from threads you start and never acknowledge or thank people who take the time to answer you. Please be considerate and give us some feedback.

You overthink things too much. Try to relax and just go with the flow. You shouldn't be so self confident this is a job at a mall restaurant lol. Besides how long has it been since you have seen this girl? It may be fun to strike up some old memories. If worst comes to worst whats the most that can happen? Food jobs have a high turn over rate.

Good luck! ~Brian~

Why do you want to work there?