+ Follow This Topic

Thread: why did i start so late??

why did i start so late??

i'm 22 and i'm in my first relationship.

sometimes, i wonder why i started so late. I'm enrolled in an MA program, and I went to University for 4 years.. and STILL, I didn't chance to meet anyone there. the person i am dating right now is like me in some ways but also unlike me.. and he's been with a lot of women. i don't have serious doubts.. i just wonder why two people who are so different (i.e. he's been in 2 relationships and slept with more women than that and me, who was a virgin before i met him) came together??? the funny thing is i guess i'm pretty liberal because i didn't at all care about his past escapades and adventures (or misadventures, as he calls them). am i being stupid or blind? he said he finally found someone worth being with...

Take it from me (you lucky duck you!)
    Starting late is what I wish I would have done.
    Concentrating on your future/your studies will enable you to meet
    a suitable match for you because you will have all of your bases covered financially: and security.

Rules do not apply in relationships so dust off those stereotypes! They don't apply in most cases.
    While Opposites can and do attract look at rules like astrology. Sure sometimes they can nail your personality down...
    But take the moment to read each other horoscope...See? They could also apply to you. People see what they want to see.

Experiences (both good and bad) help you in decision making BUT if you meet someone that:

-is open/honest and communicative about their intentions, feelings and emotions
    -knows how to respect other people, especially unfortunate people who aren't considered equals by worldly standards
    -is compassionate, humble, caring and loving...

Those experiences needn't be had because they can be had with that person!
    Everything and I mean everything he does for you and to you will feel brand new, wonderful and make you feel high...
    You may often find yourself agreeing with him just to avoid disagreeing: so that the relationship seems bonded more than it is

My advice in this kind of situation:
    Don't give ALL of yourself right away in one basket...
    Trust and respect is earned not given. -This mistake I made 1 million times before I learned!

I truly hope it works out for you, but just remember.
    If you build your life around someone you aren't 100% sure of...rebuilding that will feel like an eternity.

I am Aquarius / Pisces and he is Aquarius. I was born on Feb 19th.

ya.. that's what i was doing.. getting my education. I never worried too much about relationships, and thought that it would all come later. I met him online and we got along in a really weird way.. we have opposite personalities, with some overlap.

My guess is you didn't find the right person before this age, at least that's what I tell myself. I kinda wonder if I ever will... I may have to build a fembot one day.

Quote Originally Posted by red_sparrow View Post
    I am Aquarius / Pisces and he is Aquarius. I was born on Feb 19th.
    A couple of notes on this. Are you sure? The horoscopes symbols changed recently :-P. And what does that have to do with anything? Will the date when you where born affect anything at all?

Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post
    My guess is you didn't find the right person before this age, at least that's what I tell myself. I kinda wonder if I ever will... I may have to build a fembot one day.

A couple of notes on this. Are you sure? The horoscopes symbols changed recently :-P. And what does that have to do with anything? Will the date when you where born affect anything at all?
    i'm not sure.. it seems he's the right person, but its funny because there are so many others out there. I sometimes think I just hadn't been looking, or was too shy.. or something. I'm not sure. Well, not really. horoscopes are kind of a sham.. they're just fun. In the new one I'm Aquarius and he's capricorn.

Quote Originally Posted by red_sparrow View Post
    i'm not sure.. it seems he's the right person, but its funny because there are so many others out there. I sometimes think I just hadn't been looking, or was too shy.. or something. I'm not sure.
    I didn't mean the "right person" as in the one you'll spend your whole life with.. but a person you are "compatible" with to be in a relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post
    I didn't mean the "right person" as in the one you'll spend your whole life with.. but a person you are "compatible" with to be in a relationship.
    Oh! Ok lol.. that makes me feel a little better. I've also never been idealistic enough to believe in that 'one person you'll spend your life with.'

in a sense i've always been terribly picky.. for one, I am attracted to people of above-average intelligence and / or strange or quirky characters. I don't mean typical nerds or geeks. I also like people who didn't really 'fit in' (although that's a weird sense of the term, since nobody really perfectly 'fits in'). also, something I noticed is I need a balance of agreement and disagreement.

Don't sweat it. I'm 21 and have never been in a serious relationship. In fact, I've only ever had one girlfriend and it was a very brief thing in high school. And if he says he finds you someone worth being with, I'd take his word for it. Unless he does or says things that prove otherwise.