+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you go out with an ugly guy?

Would you go out with an ugly guy?

Would anyone go out with an ugly guy if they had a good personality?

Thanks

No.

He has to physically appeal to my eye also, or sexually I couldn't go there either. That doesn't mean he has to look like Brad Pitt, but I don't want to date no Freddy Kruger lookalike either.

If I could date and without the physical mattering, I'd be able to date and bed EVERY ugly guy who crossed my path.

It doesn't quite work that way....attraction matters, but isn't everything.

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    No.

He has to physically appeal to my eye also, or sexually I couldn't go there either. That doesn't mean he has to look like Brad Pitt, but I don't want to date no Freddy Kruger lookalike either.

If I could date and without the physical mattering, I'd be able to date and bed EVERY ugly guy who crossed my path.

It doesn't quite work that way....attraction matters, but isn't everything.

Ok. I only have personality to work with.

Well that is your opinion ^

While you may be self conscious about what you see in the mirror, other people may think differently.

Well that is your opinion ^

While you may be self conscious about what you see in the mirror, other people may think differently.
    I've posted a recent photo of myself on the main love forum. I'm really not looking for sympathy here, just on how to improve.

When I think "ugly," I think more of poor hygiene. Bad teeth - not just crooked, that's usually not a deal breaker, but if they're discolored, stanky, or uh, "filmy-looking." Greasy/unkempt hair. Bad complexion - whether due to acne or that sad grey look people have when they don't get any sun, I guess. Body odor. Dirty clothes. Make sure you're not guilty of these things.

If none of these things are an issue for a guy, and they have a great personality and a clever sense of humor, I can work with it. Even fat dudes I could maybe work with.

Edit: Actually, about fatties - grotesquely obese dudes are obviously not going to do it for me. Neither do those pear-shaped men with big womanly asses and thighs. Good thing there's still a fix for that, though.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i definitely want to be the prettier one.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I dont think it matters. Actually my first crush was on quite an ugly guy... well i thought he was really ugly when i first met him. But then we got talking and he was so funny and full of life i actually started to view him as quite attractive. It never happened anyway as i changed jobs and met my current partner, but what im trying to say is, as long as you are clean and presentable, looks arent the be all and end all.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    i definitely want to be the prettier one.
    That's funny. Not like there's much of a competition as long as you a the only female in the relationship though haha.

I think sometimes we can fall for people who aren't perhaps what we would be looking for.

I'm thinking back to when I met my ex hubby who didn't exactly physically appeal, but he wasn't, 'OMG, fcking YUCK' either....lol. He'd actually had a bit of a receding hairline, was a bit on the thin side, wasn't that tall, about 5ft 6 inches...a far cry from other guys I'd been involved with.

Anyways despite he wasn't what I'd usually go for, I'd given him a chance and because he was talkative, interesting, had a good sense of humour, kind, generous, etc, etc - and after a while he grew on me and I ended up marrying him.

Didn't last though and I have to admit and that throughout our years together, I was never strongly sexually attracted to him.

I need to be attracted and I think most people do and the physical and sexual is as important as the intellectual.

I think sometimes we can fall for people who aren't perhaps what we would be looking for.
    The proper question might not be "would you go out with an ugly guy?", but "how ugly can a guy be for you to be willing to go out with him?" instead. But then again.. we can't measure ugliness can we?

I'm thinking back to when I met my ex hubby who didn't exactly physically appeal, but he wasn't, 'OMG, fcking YUCK' either....lol. He'd actually had a bit of a receding hairline, was a bit on the thin side, wasn't that tall, about 5ft 6 inches...a far cry from other guys I'd been involved with.

Anyways despite he wasn't what I'd usually go for, I'd given him a chance and because he was talkative, interesting, had a good sense of humour, kind, generous, etc, etc - and after a while he grew on me and I ended up marrying him.

Didn't last though and I have to admit and that throughout our years together, I was never strongly sexually attracted to him.

I need to be attracted and I think most people do and the physical and sexual is as important as the intellectual.

this is how it is with my oh. At colleage i had always been into tall, slim athletic guys. Then i met my oh. he is very good looking but he isnt very tall, about 5'7", hes dark, and a little on the chubby side :-) but i thought he had a lovely kind face and a wonderful personality and i fell for him in a big way! 8 yrs on we are still together :-)

Personality is the real deal breaker for me, but it kind of goes hand in hand with a pretty face.

If they've got a nice face and a good personality then the rest doesn't really matter to me.

I've dated very attractive and ugly. Sometimes I find myself attracted to ugly *shugs* I just do. A guy I work with admitted that he has been known to find ugly girls attractive and he's one good looking dude. It's not always about personality....it's how our brains work.

Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post
    The proper question might not be "would you go out with an ugly guy?", but "how ugly can a guy be for you to be willing to go out with him?" instead. But then again.. we can't measure ugliness can we?
    Nope....because what I may find particularly unattractive, the next female might find attractive and vice versa.

But I'd say that if he just is not appealing to my eye, then I'd probably have no desire to get to know him further. My ex hubby was ok, average, acceptable in my eyes....but I wasn't 'WOW' if you see what I mean.

But it's funny you know and because I've come across attractive guys who I was interested in nothing more with either and just because I may find a guy attractive, doesn't mean I automatically fancy him. I can find guys attractive, but they aren't my type, lol...as odd as that sounds.

It's something more....some people just have that something that attracts us and others don't. Even the scientists can't totally figure it out.
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 17-01-11 at 03:20 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast