+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why won't he just leave me alone?

Why won't he just leave me alone?

Since my last forum—which was about 6 months ago—I have been trying to move on with my life and getting over a broken heart. Until this day, I still have no closure with the whole situation but I learned to bury it within time. What really helped me was that I began to learn new things about him through mutual friends who told me this guy is pretty much just bad news and that he was a “womanizer”… After I learned all that, I decided to write to him my final email and cut myself off from him so that he wouldn’t have any contact with me (plus he lives overseas, so I knew I would not be expecting phone calls either)… In this email, I told him how I felt hurt and used, but in order for me to move on… I needed to tell him how I feel and don’t ever talk to him again… so, I just left it as that and told myself that I foolishly gave myself to him and he got what he wanted and now, I shouldn’t expect to hear from him again. Ok, so six months later, I get a random text from him and he asks me how im doing… but he never brings up the email… what should I do? Should I continue to ignore him? I don’t know what he wants from me… He knows that I like him and it’s just torture for me.. I can’t believe that my feelings for him is beginning to resurface… This just feels like another heartbreak waiting to happen…

Yes, continue to ignore him. It doesn't matter what he wants from you, you're done with him, right?

After unexpected contact, it's natural to be confused and start thinking about the feelings you had for him. But keep those thoughts under control and don't let yourself go back down that road again. You broke up for a reason, think of that instead.

I'm getting through the same thing and after I get over this progress I will never let any open door to let the guy hurts me again. This is so hurt already :-), protect yourself girl!

Continue to ignore him forever. Regardless of how stupid he is, eventually he'll get the message.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ignore <mode on>
    I wazzzz here

It doesn't matter he wants, if you feel that you're better off without any contact. You wrote that email ages ago, there is no need to explain anything now. Just ignore him. Be strong

It's so hard to ignore him, because some time ago, I really really liked him and I had a connection with him. But every since he moved overseas, that all changed... or probably ever since I made an attempt to see him one weekend before he left. We never dated, but the weekend I spent with him felt so right... but you all are right... why ruin the progress I made for myself? He had plenty of chances to explain to me what went down and tell me exactly how he feels about me, but he never did, so I moved on... It just bothers me... If he didn't feel anything for me, then he wouldn't care to still try be a part of my life... so, what am I to him???

Ignore him, dump him, ditch him, throw him away like an old pair of shoes.
    There is nothing to gain from replying to him. You have been killing the cancer cells, now don't allow these last cells to grow back into a tumor.
    Don't give yourself the illusion that he is someone else. He is not and you should spare yourself the pain of giving him a 2nd chance and going through the same misery again.

Quote Originally Posted by MynameisJesus View Post
    Ignore him, dump him, ditch him, throw him away like an old pair of shoes.
    There is nothing to gain from replying to him. You have been killing the cancer cells, now don't allow these last cells to grow back into a tumor.
    Don't give yourself the illusion that he is someone else. He is not and you should spare yourself the pain of giving him a 2nd chance and going through the same misery again.
    I like this a lot! thanks!