+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My gf plays serious mind games

My gf plays serious mind games

Ok, today my gf and I went to the hot springs and she brought her 42 year old friend. I am 28 and my gf is 31. Oh and she brought her son. So at one point she said she was going to take her son to go play and she left me alone with her friend (who barely spEaks any English) and it was uncomfortable and awkward. She left for ten minutes before I got uncomfortable and went to find her. When I did she said that our relationship was over because I took too long to go find her. We've been together for 6 months now and I feel she just playEd a game with me that I just couldn't win. Is she right to be playing this kind of game with me? What should I do about this? I've only told her that she can't do this to me and it's not fair.

Are you confused about why she got mad at you for this? I am.

Are you leaving out important details that would make sense of her reaction?

That's not even a story. But if that's all the information you have I'd just dump her and not talk to her again.
    Unless you haven't given us all the information that might contribute to this bizarre situation.
    She has a son from a different marriage? What exactly is your relationship with her? What exactly is her relationship with the 42 year old "friend" and what makes you think it is a mind game to let you alone with him?

I find it all very vague but if she wants to break up for a childish reason like this you're better off dumping her

lol...how pathetic. Ending it and because you took too long to find her?? Was this a game of Hide and Seek, only you were not aware you were playing.

28 and having to ask if it's ok to play these sorts of games??

You both sound a bit 'la la' in the head to me, lol

I do not think even teenagers in relationships are this stupid! dump her

Ok I understand that this situation is completely retarded. And I am aware that she acted like a 12 year old. I just wanted to give you the very basic information because it is exactly as I said it and I wanted a raw reaction to that one point, not everything around it. Her friend is a co worker that moved here from China and clinged to my gf because she speaks Chinese. The 42 year old friend got into a car accident and was getting bored and depressed at home, so my gf asked her to come along on our trip. Ive been with my girlfriend for 6 months, and she only moved in with me last month. She does have a three year old son from a previous marriage, and when she asked me if she could move in with me we discussed his living arrangements. He stays with us 4 nights a week and his father 3. I care about her a lot, within such a short period of time she has changed my life and made me a much better version of myself. We can talk for hours and laugh until we cry. I always thought she was kind of jealous but I mostly took it as a compliment, like she cared enough about me to be a little protective of me. I also have helped her in her life tremendous amounts. All in all, we seemed very good for each other.

When we got to the springs, said situation occured and I was extremely pissed off at her for playing this retarded game. I told her she was acting like a kid and if it continues she can move out of my place. When I went to go find her she said, "my friend Anna (a different friend) said if you go out with your friend and bring your boyfriend and leave him alone with her, he should come get you in under ten minutes. If he doesn't it means you are not important to him and he is a han-sup-lo." Han-sup-lo means perverted man, or a man who is always interested in other women. It's very weird that it took six months to see this side of her, and seriously out of _nowhere_ this strange situation occurs.

Her friend was completely oblivious to what was happening, at first I thought they were playing the game together, but no. I have a three strikes kind of philosophy and I'll stick to it. But that happening the way it did really makes me wonder what she was thinking? And why the hell did she take such horrible advice from her friend Anna.

Sorry if I left out vital information to the initial situation, I just wanted to make sure there was other people who thought the way I did, and that if other people did in fact think like her, why do they think that way?

han-sup-lo." Han-sup-lo ?????
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

sadie_genie Guest
    That's kind of strange. Why would you be into a 42 year old woman?

You allow her son father to stay at your house for 3 days a week?

WHAT THE HELL

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That girl is a gulible idiot. And you're a dumbass for playing her games. Games started long before the hot springs.

Agreed. You're a dumbass for entertaining this for any longer than it took for her to explain her reasoning. Kick them all out and move on with your life.

On a side note, WTF?!?!

She is an immature, and spoiled/childish little brat period.
    When a woman has to "test" your love: she's a psychopathic bitch in need of a huge dosage of reality...

So, what she did was use this excuse as a reason to dump you because she finds you dull, boring and unadventurous.
    6 months is NOTHING. Get over it and lesson learned. Age doesn't mean anything: her experiences with men DO.
    It sounds like she got what she wanted and wasn't too happy with the result. Don't sweat it. Find someone deserving of all you've to offer.

IN light of your 2nd post:
    Your 2nd mistake was getting with a single mother who's got a child, with the father that stays with you.
    Unless you like being used as a free Motel 6: does her dumping you mean she can still live there?
    Or did she finally find somewhere else to live so you were no longer needed?

It just sounds like one huge FAIL.

It didn't take 6 months to see how nuts she is:
    There were many signs but you weren't paying attention to them at all.
    3 strikes is 3 too many with this kind of person.
    Last edited by SelflessnHumble; 19-01-11 at 01:57 AM.

She is very selfish. She is dumb enough to use this theory of her friend's to "test your love" (is her friend a professional psychiatrist or relationship counselor?), but if you did any such thing to test her love, she'd probably get mad. Haven't the last 6 months you've given her been proof enough? If that means nothing to her to the point where she can just throw it all away over 10 minutes, she's the one who should be proving her love to YOU.

You sound like such a good man and it would be a shame if you wasted any more of your precious life on someone who doesn't love you back, will manipulate you, and won't treat you fairly. But if you must give her another chance, stick to that 3-strikes policy!

Oh, and tell her how retarded that was. What's how long you took to get there supposed to prove? Does she expect you to follow her around like a puppy? She needs to get over herself.

Guys, I don't think the kid's dad lives with them. He said this about the kid:

Quote Originally Posted by NotgoodAtall View Post
    He stays with us 4 nights a week and his father 3.
    But anyway,

Quote Originally Posted by NotgoodAtall View Post
    "my friend Anna (a different friend) said if you go out with your friend and bring your boyfriend and leave him alone with her, he should come get you in under ten minutes.
    This is really ****ing stupid. It's like something a 12-year-old would think. OP, prepare for more of this type of bullshit in the future. It WILL happen again. Why are you giving her 3 chances to treat you like a bitch? What if it takes ten years for the third strike?

Actually, you should let her read this thread so she'll hopefully realize she shouldn't test you like that.